Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity TV GO, xfinity TV app simply won't work on Android.

New Poster

xfinity TV GO, xfinity TV app simply won't work on Android.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google Nexus 7 and neither of the xfinity TV apps will work. I can download movies to my phone, but I can't play live TV or other recorded shows. Whenever I select a live channel, I get the black xfinity screen, it says "Authenticating" then "Preparing for playback..." and the circle spins and spins and spins until I get an error (Error :: 106000.43) saying there's a problem communicating with the server and to verify my internet connection, which is working just fine.

With the TV app, similar problems. Get "COMM" with 3 dots on the main screen and then an error the "Something has gone wrong." Duh. Also, it doesn't recognize my current DVR recordings. This is frustrating as I just switched from FiOS and the Verizon TV apps work great.

**UPDATE**

I was at my parents' house yesterday and the apps worked fine! This makes me think it's an issue with the app communicating with my modem/router...

Contributor

XFINITY TV Go App Live, some don't work, get error when tries to authenticate.

On the Live selection on the TV Go app, I discovered tonight that some of the channels are not working.  When selecting, as soon as Authenticating starts. Suddenly an error pops up: "Http call failed during redirect check. Status Code:  HTTP/1.1 400 channel request is unavailable."

Happened on tne following networks:  MSNBC, CNBC Golf, TNT, TBS, TruTV, Bravo, Oxygen, E!, mun2

Stranger yet, I originally wanted TNT. When I went back to try it again,  accross the top were advertisements for some of tonight's programming,  and one was the NASCAR race I wanted on TNT.  So I tapped the advertisement instead of the TNT channel, and it worked fine!   Just to check, I closed it and tried again to open the TNT channel,  and still got the same error.  That's when I checked5all the channels and found the others above that were getting the same error message.

Any idea what the problem is?

Service Expert

Re: xfinity TV GO, xfinity TV app simply won't work on Android.

ajr1992 wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google Nexus 7 and neither of the xfinity TV apps will work. I can download movies to my phone, but I can't play live TV or other recorded shows. Whenever I select a live channel, I get the black xfinity screen, it says "Authenticating" then "Preparing for playback..." and the circle spins and spins and spins until I get an error (Error :: 106000.43) saying there's a problem communicating with the server and to verify my internet connection, which is working just fine.

With the TV app, similar problems. Get "COMM" with 3 dots on the main screen and then an error the "Something has gone wrong." Duh. Also, it doesn't recognize my current DVR recordings. This is frustrating as I just switched from FiOS and the Verizon TV apps work great.

**UPDATE**

I was at my parents' house yesterday and the apps worked fine! This makes me think it's an issue with the app communicating with my modem/router...

Perhaps your Firewall settings or possibly the SECURITY settings need to be changed on your home router/gateway....

I noticed that Samsung TVs do not like the standard WiFi secrutiy setyting and you must manually change it to get them to connect....

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have same problem as OP with Android 4.2 tablet that I connect to Internet with smartphone Hotspot!
New Poster

I'm on a computer and none of the newer shows will play at all. gives me some lame error 564. why doesnt this work? my browser is updated. i pay my bill(its a ton of money). you'd think this dang thing would be working properly