Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfininity on Demand -- now says I need to upgrade my subscription?

New Poster

xfininity on Demand -- now says I need to upgrade my subscription?

Not able to watch videos (HBO, Showtime) on my ipad or online anymore. I get a message "To watch this video you'll need to upgrade your subscription. Are you already a subscriber? Please contact us for assistance."

I am a subscriber. This just happened.

Anyone else having this problem? Was on hold for 40 minutes, finally gave up. They're not responding to live chat either.

Suggestions?

Cable Expert

Re: xfininity on Demand -- now says I need to upgrade my subscription?

There are multiple reports on the streaming video's saying your not subscribed.

This is a coding issue on your account, contact Comcast support, they need to look at the billing codes to resolve this.

1-800-266-2278

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Great, thank you! I just spent about 30 seconds on the phone with a technical person on the applications end. Seems like it is a known issue. Everything working now.

New Poster

Same EXACT problem. started yesterday.
Regular Visitor

I am having this problem also. Started about 2230 on Thursday evening in the middle of a program that I was watching. I spent about three hours on the phone yesterday evening (two hours 50 minutes of hold time) and got no satisfaction. Spent about three hours today mostly hold time and finally talked to someone. They couldn't help but gave me a reference number and said that someone would call me back. I'm not holding my breath. On the Travel Channel I can access some of the programming but none of the current season.

vanvalin wrote:

Not able to watch videos (HBO, Showtime) on my ipad or online anymore. I get a message "To watch this video you'll need to upgrade your subscription. Are you already a subscriber? Please contact us for assistance."

I am a subscriber. This just happened.

Anyone else having this problem? Was on hold for 40 minutes, finally gave up. They're not responding to live chat either.

Suggestions?

By the way "kudos" is a singular word as in "he received a kudos". I have no idea what the plural form is.

New Poster

This just started for me too! Spent over an hour on the phone, fifth person hung up on me, I was not thrilled by then, but never out of line. I called back, each person assured me that I had (finally) reached the right person...all three of them... Someone is supposed to call me back because no one could fix it. Three days now, no call, no fix....
weird tho, I can watch HBO, but on usa, amc, fx, some shows have the green 'play' button, and some have the orange key button and exact error msg.
This happens on iPad but not my MacBook???