Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xbox error 808

Frequent Visitor

xbox error 808

I set my new tv package up yesterday, and tonight tried to get my viedo on demand working through my xbox 360.  I tried to sign in but got a 808 error code.  I called tech support and they said I didn't have some code on my account that authenticated my xbox for VOD access.  And that I would have to upgrade my package to get access to it.  I said that the lady who sold me this said I would have full streaming access to all the VOD stuff and I specifially asked her if that included xbox's since thats what i use and she said yes..  So the guy transferes me to sales.  Talking to that lady she said that there wasn't anything they could do because I have my own router and that I have to call Microsoft?! 

My plan is whatever the current special is for 69 bucks a month with the 50 meg internet connection and HBO.  So I guess what i need to know is do I have to upgrade my tv package to get the streaming?  Because if so I'm probably going to cancel this plan.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xbox error 808

Hello,

Give this a try

For further assistance, please call our XBOX dedicated support line at 1-877-599-1846 for further assistance.

Regular Contributor

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Give this a try

For further assistance, please call our XBOX dedicated support line at 1-877-599-1846 for further assistance.

You should either

1) attribute the source of "For further assistance, please call our XBOX dedicated support line at 1-877-599-1846 for further assistance"

OR

2) remove the word "our" and replace it with "the"   For further assistance, please call the XBOX dedicated support line at 1-877-599-1846 for further assistance

so someone will not erroneously think you are a Comcast employee.

Silver Problem Solver

OK so all that is totally false.  Please read this faq provided by comcast.  If you meet all these requirements please post back. In order to have the xfinity app on your xbox 360 you need to have at least one box in your home capable of on demand access, plus comcast internet service.  If you do not at a minimum have that you need to upgrade to that.  The rest is below in the faq, you cant call microsoft its not their issue.

http://xbox.comcast.net/faqs.html

Frequent Visitor

I have all that.  I can stream on demand content from the website, I've watched 2 episodes of Game of Thrones so I'm guessing that wouldn't be working if I didn't.  I have xfinity internet Blast!, I have an xbox with xbox live

Frequent Visitor

Okay I finally managed to get this straightened out.  When trying to activate my comcast box I was getting another error relating to the ondemand stuff.  Did a support chat comcast and finally got someone that could tell me what was going on.  Apparently my package doesn't include the on demand service.  I pointed out that I was supposed to get the package that had it, because I has specifically asked for this feature when I was signing up.  I had the screen shots from the chat I did with the sales person.  They guy basically said, to bad you have to up grade to a higher tier service plan to get access to that.  So I told him thanks but no thanks and will be cancelling my TV subscription and just getting internet only.  I'd forgoten how much of a pain comcast support/sales was to deal with but this was a good reminder of why I dropped them all those years ago. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation