Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

x1

Regular Visitor

x1

I have X1 and for the last few months have had no problems and have been able to watch live shows on my ipad when i am at home.  But now again, when I try to watch live shows on the IPAD the app says I am not on my home network and I cannot watch my shows.  Nothing has changed on my network.  I have the same modem and router which leads me to believe it is a Comcast problem.  Why is this happening again!  This is so frustrating and the people on the phones don't know anything.  It took me over a month to get this fixed the last time.  I need it fixed now!!!! 

Service Expert

Re: x1

jturn802 wrote:

I have X1 and for the last few months have had no problems and have been able to watch live shows on my ipad when i am at home.  But now again, when I try to watch live shows on the IPAD the app says I am not on my home network and I cannot watch my shows.  Nothing has changed on my network.  I have the same modem and router which leads me to believe it is a Comcast problem.  Why is this happening again!  This is so frustrating and the people on the phones don't know anything.  It took me over a month to get this fixed the last time.  I need it fixed now!!!! 

It is a known outage affecting users.... Comcast is aware of the issue and their Engineering team is working on a repair.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

The problem is that it is a known outage to forum users only.  I highly think that less than 1 to 2% of Comcast users actually use the forums (although I could be wrong).  The bottom line is Comcast could easily add a message in the affected apps and website stating an issue has arisen with the "Out of Home" error and they are working on it, saving people the aggravation of calling or chatting with Comcast and getting the run around.  It's still painfully obvious the CSR's are not aware of this issue even though it is going on a few days already.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Thank you both for the reply.  And I agree, a message on the X1 box or on the app to notify users would be helpful.  I spent a good hour last night resetting, logging in, logging out etc.  I would have been less frustrated if I knew it was a global issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation