Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

worst customer service ever, I think I'm returning my box

New Poster

worst customer service ever, I think I'm returning my box

So I got my cable installed by "Comcast professionals" this morning, and I can't access my cable box through xfinitytv.com.

Meaning that when I click on "watch on TV" buttons on the website, my TV doesn't turn to that channel. No matter what program I chose. The cable box just doesn't link to my account while my account is showing that I have "one eligible box".

So I called in, after about 7 transfer and half an hour of wait time, someone was finally able to try to solve my problem. But after another 30 minutes of sending signals to my box and asking me to restart my laptop, nothing worked. 

So she said I have 3 options:

1. Go to a service center and swap my box (which is 5 miles away and I don't have a car)

2. They'll mail a new box to me (which costs me 10 bucks shipping)

3. "expert" will come with a new box (but I'll have to pay for the installation fee)

And then she said, "Comcast is only responsible of sending cable signal to your home. Can you watch TV? Yes. So we have NO responsibility that you're able to access your TV on the internet or not."

I was MAD! Mad! Mad!

I just installed this thing this morning and it's a DEFEECTIVE box and you're telling me it's MY FAULT? 

That I'm just unfortunate that I have a defective box? And it's "not Comcast's problem"?

What the.......

You know, I'm still on "30 days satisfaction period", man, this kind of attitude, I'll just return the box and go back to my hulu

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: worst customer service ever, I think I'm returning my box

chihchaoyang wrote:

So I got my cable installed by "Comcast professionals" this morning, and I can't access my cable box through xfinitytv.com.

Meaning that when I click on "watch on TV" buttons on the website, my TV doesn't turn to that channel. No matter what program I chose. The cable box just doesn't link to my account while my account is showing that I have "one eligible box".

So I called in, after about 7 transfer and half an hour of wait time, someone was finally able to try to solve my problem. But after another 30 minutes of sending signals to my box and asking me to restart my laptop, nothing worked. 

So she said I have 3 options:

1. Go to a service center and swap my box (which is 5 miles away and I don't have a car)

2. They'll mail a new box to me (which costs me 10 bucks shipping)

3. "expert" will come with a new box (but I'll have to pay for the installation fee)

And then she said, "Comcast is only responsible of sending cable signal to your home. Can you watch TV? Yes. So we have NO responsibility that you're able to access your TV on the internet or not."

I was MAD! Mad! Mad!

I just installed this thing this morning and it's a DEFEECTIVE box and you're telling me it's MY FAULT? 

That I'm just unfortunate that I have a defective box? And it's "not Comcast's problem"?

What the.......

You know, I'm still on "30 days satisfaction period", man, this kind of attitude, I'll just return the box and go back to my hulu

It can take up to 24 hours for your box to completely sync. Please provide an update this time tomorrow and I will further assist you if need be.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: worst customer service ever, I think I'm returning my box

I am sorry for your problems, I too have experianced many problem - comcast seem almost incabable of getting my bill right. The problems you are experianing are not surprizing, the only reason I have comcast tv is because satiliete doesnt always work. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation