Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

why does hulu work better than xfinity

Regular Visitor

why does hulu work better than xfinity

Why does Hulu work better than Xfinity? Often Xfinity on my laptop is jittery and audio is also bad. I have no such problems with Hulu. If all the shows I want to watch were on Hulu I'd abandon trying to watch anything on xfinity. Why doesn't Xfinity use the method of streaming Hulu does since Hulu seems to work better.

Official Employee

Re: why does hulu work better than xfinity

Hello nunyafukkinbizn, are you using our app to stream content or are you streaming from our website? Have you tried switching browsers to improve the quality of the audio being played? Have you tried viewing content on another device such as a cell phone or tablet, if so do you have the same problem? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

It shouldn't matter what device I am using. Hulu has worked better on all my devices no matter what browser. Xfinity srtreaming has been bad on all devices, browsers, and apps no matter how strong a wifi signal I have had. My expectation is that since I am paying Comcast a small fortune every month that all forms of receiving its content should work very well, yet it doesn't. What will be done to make improvements? From forums outside of Comcast it seems that you are using an outdated delivery method therefore all will be terrible in comparison. I am seriously considering leaving Comcast for Dish network!

Regular Visitor

To quote one of many posts on this issue, "That's because of the sites listed, Xfinity is the only one still using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe has all but said they are done making flash player, as they dropped support for all mobile devices and linux, and did this in the early part of the year, but Xfinity decided to continue with this memory hog of a software blunder." Nearly all point to Adobe Flash Player as the culprit. Why are you still using it for content delivery? It's as if Comcast is behind thje times or is ignoring customers issues with its product. Don't be suprised to see a lot of those customers, (and thus your profits) disappear!

Official Employee

nunyafukkinbizn, that is correct we are using a Flash Player to deliver content. If you're seeing jittery images and issues with audio, please try logging out of the app and then uninstalling it. Let me know if you see any improvement once it is downloaded again.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation