Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

why can't I watch this?

New Poster

why can't I watch this?

When I try to watch some shows that are included in my Comcast package, I get this:  "Some networks only allow their content to be viewed when you are on your home WiFi. Look for TV Go options to watch anywhere, any time."  I am at home, using my laptop with my wifi. why can't I view?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: why can't I watch this?

First, double-check that you are on your home Wifi, and not accidentally connected to one of the xfinitywifi hotspots, which could be your own modem.

Otherwise, it seems as if the main issue is that somehow your modem and the TV accounts are not quite properly linked. I have seen similar posts before. Sometimes, calling Comcast may help if they know how to check, or one of the Comcast people here can look into your account.

New Poster

Re: why can't I watch this?

I am having the same problem, but with my desktop, I chatted with tech support and they reset the modem, but this did not fix the problem. Also did a hard reboot. The technician said that the problem would be referred up the line and I would be contacted by anopther tech.  So far . . . .crickets. Perhaps we should refiuse to pay a portion of our exorbitant monthly fees until they can straighten this out?

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation