New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

volume control

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

volume control

My comcast remote no longer controls the volume on my TV.  It actually doesn't control the volume at all.  I have to use my TV remote to adjust the volume.

Accepted Solution

Re: volume control

I did obtain a new remote, and that solved the volume problem.  

However, while talking with a friend about this issue, I learned that I could trade in my old cable boxes for new X1 boxes.  So, I did.  They are certainly much better, and I can now watch anything that I recorded on any one of my TVs.  That is a major improvement!

I have to learn all the new things that I can do with the X1 system now, but that's part of the fun. 

Nonetheless, my volume situation is a thing of the past.

View answer in context
Service Expert

FrankJ3 wrote:

My comcast remote no longer controls the volume on my TV.  It actually doesn't control the volume at all.  I have to use my TV remote to adjust the volume.

You can attempt to reprogram the remote using the online tool:  http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Remember to try all of the codes listed.  If this still fails, you can get a replacement remote at an y Service Center and those locations can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I will have to trade in my remote.  But, this is a strange issue.  I had to unplug my DVR box for 10+ seconds this morning in order to reset things so that I could delete a recorded program that simply would not delete.  That worked.  However, once the box was back on, I had no volume at all.  If I reprogram my remote to the TV as instructed, I can get the volume control back, but then I have no Guide, Menu, My DVR and such.  

So, I reprogrammed the remote to "Cable" in order to get the Guide, etc. working again. But, then I lose the volume control again on the Comcast remote.  It's one or the other.  I can control the volume with the TV remote.  I'm using two remotes now, and I don't want that.

I just hope a new replacement remote will solve this problem.  I'm sort of wary, though.  I'll find out tomorrow after I get a replacement remote.

Frequent Visitor

I did obtain a new remote, and that solved the volume problem.  

However, while talking with a friend about this issue, I learned that I could trade in my old cable boxes for new X1 boxes.  So, I did.  They are certainly much better, and I can now watch anything that I recorded on any one of my TVs.  That is a major improvement!

I have to learn all the new things that I can do with the X1 system now, but that's part of the fun. 

Nonetheless, my volume situation is a thing of the past.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation