Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

video plays for 3 seconds and stops.

New Poster

video plays for 3 seconds and stops.

just like the subject says, anytime I try to stream a movie from the comcast.net site it loads the ad fine, then it plays for three seconds and stops buffering...

I have checked my connection speed and that is not the problem. I have also tried completely reinstalling silverlight. which did nothing.

Sometimes I will get an error that says I need to install or upgrade silverlight. I have already done this though.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: video plays for 3 seconds and stops.

quick question.... could this have to do with me using adblock plus. because the ad doesn't actually play, but the intro 3 seconds does play.

Official Employee

zandane wrote:

just like the subject says, anytime I try to stream a movie from the comcast.net site it loads the ad fine, then it plays for three seconds and stops buffering...

I have checked my connection speed and that is not the problem. I have also tried completely reinstalling silverlight. which did nothing.

Sometimes I will get an error that says I need to install or upgrade silverlight. I have already done this though.

Depending on the program you are trying to watch, it could be because of AdBlock. Try disabling it and then try watching a video again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Mine does the same thing.  Only on Youtube.  My Cousin's service did this for a while and never saw it before.  Ran multiple virus scans and never helped.  Then I got comcast and Mine does the same thing.  only on Youtube. Loads the first 10 seconds of the video and then stops.  Takes me 20min to watch one 10min video. 

New Poster

I am experiencing this to, on both a PC with Windows 7, a Mac running IOS 10, in both IE 9 and Safari.

the whole watch tv section of the web site is completely useless.  loads the initial show into, plays one add then all video stops at the 3 second mark and the video player in the browser completely dies.

I have no adblockers running.  

New Poster

does't work with chrome either.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation