Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

usually missing channels tv web site and app

New Poster

usually missing channels tv web site and app

I can't seem to get this corrected either through phone, email or chat.  But usually the Network chanels CBS, ABC, NBC, etc etc.  Which means especially this time of year football games and playoff games are not available.  This doe snot make me feel real good when I pay my bill each month.  How do I find someone inside Comcast that can fix this.  Thanks

Official Employee

Re: usually missing channels tv web site and app

rsay777 wrote:

I can't seem to get this corrected either through phone, email or chat.  But usually the Network chanels CBS, ABC, NBC, etc etc.  Which means especially this time of year football games and playoff games are not available.  This doe snot make me feel real good when I pay my bill each month.  How do I find someone inside Comcast that can fix this.  Thanks

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I used an internal tool to refresh your account which sometimes helps so please check again. I then looked at your channel lineup and see that it says you aren't entitled to ABC which doesn't make sense since it is included in our most basic packages and you appear to have a much higher tier of service. I suspect something is misconfigured in the billing system with your account which, unfortunately, isn't something I'm able to resolve (I have limited access).

If the account refresh that I did doesn't resolve it, you will need to contact support (phone is likely best) and have it escalated to Tier 2 or higher. Ask them to check "your entitlements via the X-Ray tool" because the upstream services are telling the app that you aren't subscribed to channels you should be getting. Again, I'm very sorry.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I just never know the reason for the channels missing so I never know for sure if I will be abe to watch what I want.  Additioanlly I cantaced support for a new problem of channels freezing and locking up.   Support now tells me that I need to be direct linked with Ethernet cable from the computer or Smart TV direct to the Router for problems to go away.  I am not a happy paying customer. 

Official Employee

rsay777 wrote:

I just never know the reason for the channels missing so I never know for sure if I will be abe to watch what I want.  Additioanlly I cantaced support for a new problem of channels freezing and locking up.   Support now tells me that I need to be direct linked with Ethernet cable from the computer or Smart TV direct to the Router for problems to go away.  I am not a happy paying customer. 

Regarding your Smart TV connection, customer service says that because they suspect you have poor wifi signal reaching your television. Individual results may vary but you can often solve this issue by ensuring that your wifi isn't blocked by furniture (don't put it in the cabinet under your basement TV, etc.). Also, wifi signals tend to travel down so putting it in a central location high in the house and out in the open works best.  You may also benefit with a wifi extender if your home is large.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation