Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

upgrade video player

Frequent Visitor

upgrade video player

been watching movies for months today nothing says need to upgrade video player...went to comcast chat he sent me to a "silverlight "...download that.. still nothing....running IE 9 64 bit...have flash..and now this silverlight.....Whats next?...darn comcast do I get a refund for my trouble?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: upgrade video player

gregspappy wrote:

been watching movies for months today nothing says need to upgrade video player...went to comcast chat he sent me to a "silverlight "...download that.. still nothing....running IE 9 64 bit...have flash..and now this silverlight.....Whats next?...darn comcast do I get a refund for my trouble?

This is a Silverlight problem, not a Flash problem.

You said you have been watching movie for months, was that in IE9 64-bit? 

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

yes...been running ie 9 64 bit.....no probs till today...downloaded silverlight...still was nothing....dumped ie9 and went back to ie8..still nothing

Official Employee

gregspappy wrote:

yes...been running ie 9 64 bit.....no probs till today...downloaded silverlight...still was nothing....dumped ie9 and went back to ie8..still nothing

Was IE8 64-bit? If so, try a 32-bit browser and see if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also try completely removing Silverlight from your computer and then try installing it again. This is oppose to just trying to re-download it like you might have done before.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 21921 My Cable Provider: Comcast Elkton Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address:   My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: enabled

Still nothing...any of the movies I try playing wont work...I only play what channels I have

Frequent Visitor

I did reinstll silverlight...and I have no idea if or how to install 32 bit.....will I lose my 64 bit?

Official Employee

gregspappy wrote:

I did reinstll silverlight...and I have no idea if or how to install 32 bit.....will I lose my 64 bit?

If you download 32-bit you will not lose 64-bit. Most Windows 7 machines incluse with both versions went it is shipped.

In 64-bit, when you go into your add-ons, does Silverlight appear?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation