Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tv.xfinity.com does not authenticate.... goes right back to main page to log back in

Frequent Visitor

tv.xfinity.com does not authenticate.... goes right back to main page to log back in

Can't log into tv.xfinity.com.... I log in... get the spinning wheel... then after a while the see a filter page flash and back to main page to log in.... No error, no tv!!!!!!!!! Now, I can still log into the portal and my account with the same info....

Contributor

Re: tv.xfinity.com does not authenticate.... goes right back to main page to log back in

BartPG wrote:

Can't log into tv.xfinity.com.... I log in... get the spinning wheel... then after a while the see a filter page flash and back to main page to log in.... No error, no tv!!!!!!!!! Now, I can still log into the portal and my account with the same info....

Me too!  I have heard no response from comcast, or even an acknowledgement that they are aware of it being a problem. 

Service Expert

Re: tv.xfinity.com does not authenticate.... goes right back to main page to log back in

Which OS and which browser?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

RobertWy wrote:

Which OS and which browser?

Mine is win7, firefox

Contributor

BartPG wrote:

I called into xfinity and the tech said to delete browser history then try again. If you are looking for the old TV Guide.... it's gone. You have to setup
the new guide then it should display. New Guide is really bad.

Problem Solver

Try enabling 3rd party cookies in your firefox browser. That seemed to work for other users, although now you are stuck with those cookies.

hsioffice wrote:

Mine is win7, firefox

Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Try enabling 3rd party cookies in your firefox browser. That seemed to work for other users, although now you are stuck with those cookies.

hsioffice wrote:

Mine is win7, firefox

I have already tried that, still does not do anything. 

New Poster

I've having the same problems  (win10, Chrome.)   Once in awhile I even get in but it bounces right back to the login.  I've cleared cookies and cache, made sure any ad blockers are disabled, but no go.

Frequent Visitor

Same here Win7 64bit Firefox. Updated flash, cleared cookies.  No I do not accept 3rd party cookies.  If Comcast can't figure out how to provide me the service I'm specifically paying them for then I'll cancel my service.  I'm a cord cutter, was without TV for 3 years.  The cable bascially came free with comcast voice.  Haven't been a customer in 3 years now I remember why, I expected some progress in that time.  Nope, same frustration with a horrible website, different year.  Yeah I'm mad.  I just wanted to watch a football game for the first time in years.  Is that too much to ask?   Apparently so.

I click on my TV icon in my account and it takes me to https://login.comcast.net.  I enter my username and password.  It says, "Now connecting to your entertainment experience"

I see a "name your device" screen come up for 1/4 of a second then goes away without me doing anything.  I don't have time to react to it anyway. It looks like it continues to load as the icon keeps spinning then *poof* right back to where I started at https://tv.xfinity.com.  There's no error message about what happened.  Putting customers in a loop with no error message is infuriating especially for a service we pay for.   I missed watching Thursday night football because of this. I feel like I'm living in the dark more with Comcasts services than without them.

Frequent Visitor