members

online now

discussions

tv.xfinity.com Problems on Windows10 that started on 4/4

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1 of 10

All of the recent posts on this forum are in regards to this issue. Something changed this month. I was watching streamed shows on Monday 4/3. On 4/4 I was unable to watch. I also have this problem, so I spent an hour or so debugging tonight, and I have figured out what the problem is, just not yet how to fix it. I suspect this can only be resolved by Comcast, but I'm not willing to make that statement definitively yet.

On Windows10 machines, the following javascript file is empty:
https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js 

I have not been able to get a javascript file returned from tv.xfinitity.com on this machine, even using tools like cURL and Fiddler.

On any other device, it returns a ton of javascript, such as this screenshot from my phone. I would suspect any windows machine that has a valid version of that file does not see the problem:

This creates a javascript error on the portal page:

I have turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall to no effect. 

I'm done trying for tonight. I have a Tier2 support ticket open on this, and I'll give them a followup tomorrow. If this clues anyone in to the problem and they find a fix overnight, I'd be very grateful!

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 2 of 10

I'm at a loss.... More and more convinced that this is not an XFinity issue, but a windows issue

Every other device on my network gets valid javascript from that url. Just this Win10 machine doesn't. I simply cannot think of what else could be causing the problem.  

I have turned off caching in Developer Tools

I have modified the request header to not accept cached versions

I have modified the request header to not accept gzip compression

I have spoofed my user agent to match my cell phone and linux machines

I have turned off the Windows Firewall I have turned off Windows Defender

I have deleted my Temp files and Temp Internet files

I have flushed the socket pools in chrome

I have flushed DNS

I have reset netsh/Winsock

Oh, and I have rebooted. A couple times.

Still get a 304 response code and net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 10

Excellent find. I wish we could sort the forums by date so I could see how many posts there actually are about this issue. All they need to do is roll back whatever changes went live late on Monday / Early Tuesday or point to the correct location for the file. It could be a universal problem against windows (I'm not on 10, having same issue), I've run through all the common fixes that rule out simple client-side browser errors also.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 10

Interesting! I wonder how many issues this problem might explain. 

Does it help your theory in any way to know that I am having issues on windows 10, I cannot get chrome to work with the tv.xfinity site, but I CAN get firefox to at least some of the time? And the app on my phone works fine?

Eager to see what results you get from working on this. Good luck! 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 10
Solution

UPDATE: IT NOW WORKS

Comcast support deleted my device from the account, then I deleted my browser history, and when I logged back in (EDGE browser), I got the login page. 

Instead of logging in, I opened up Chrome, and it allowed me to log in as well.

https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js is returning javascript 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 10

mattkabrown wrote:

Comcast support deleted my device from the account, then I deleted my browser history, and when I logged back in (EDGE browser), I got the login page. 

Huh! Interesting that this solved your issue, but this fix did not work for me. I found the (or at least a) device list myself through my account, manage internet, manage devices for hot spot access. I manually removed every device on that list, erased my browser history and cookies, and closed and reopened the browser, and I am still stuck on the "connecting to your entertainment experience" page when I try to load any page of the tv.xfinity website. Frustrating! Maybe there's a different device list I have to find somewhere.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 10

Were your problems in the Chrome browser?

I'm having a similar (maybe the same) issue with Chrome and it started sometime in the past week (probably with the update on the 6th) ... I can't access tv.xfinity.com ... It just sits on the loading screen ...

Internet Explorer has the same issues as Chrome ...

I can access it with Opera (if I tell it to always run Flash) ... 

With Opera Neon, I get a message saying Stream is down with a FatalDrmError ...

The only thing I know of that changed on my computer was an update in Comodo Internet Security ... but I uninstalled & rolled it back to a previous version ... 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 10

batcatenderbat wrote:

mattkabrown wrote:

Huh! Interesting that this solved your issue, but this fix did not work for me. I found the (or at least a) device list myself through my account, manage internet, manage devices for hot spot access. I manually removed every device on that list, erased my browser history and cookies, and closed and reopened the browser, and I am still stuck on the "connecting to your entertainment experience" page when I try to load any page of the tv.xfinity website. Frustrating! Maybe there's a different device list I have to find somewhere.

There is a different device list which is only available via an internal tool called "X-Ray".  I "deprovisioned" all your PC devices via that tool just now. Would be interested to see if this solves your problem!  Please report back - you may need to clear your browser cache and cookies.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 10

Mine now works ... 

But, I had to manually delete all Comcast / Xfinity-related cookies & flash as well as went through each Chrome folder to get rid of the various cache / temp files ...

Something must've gotten corrupt the middle of last week ... 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 10 of 10

So I've having this issue also. I have also been trying to chat with help support, but can't even get a connection there. So luckily I found this forum to hopefully help out. I've read over everything and have done all I can on this end. Where do I go from now to get this to work again?