Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tv show stuck on Lexus car advertisement

New Poster

tv show stuck on Lexus car advertisement

I am trying to watch a program (Psych 8.3), and the player keeps stopping on the Lexus car advertisements.  I have to reload the page, then resume the episode, sit through all the commercials over again, (over a dozen times reloading at this point), 30 seconds of show, then it cuts to the Lexus Car adverdisement and the whole thing stops loading data. 

The Lexus car advertisment is breaking your player.

New Poster

Re: tv show stuck on Lexus car advertisement

Oh for the love of Pete! do something about this Lexus advertisement, make it play, remove it, do something with it.

I even spoke with someone in tech support and they said the engineers would have this fixed in an hour, that was two hours ago. 

New Poster

Frequent Visitor

Same issue for me 3/1/14 - sadly the commercials have been causing problems for the past year - makes it quite disappointing since online video is intended to be a "perks."

I have less intention of watching commercials online - and any I see only turn me off to the products - especially when they mess up playback of a show I'm trying to enjoy.

Kind of interesting problem most of last year was that ONLY the commercials played ok ALL the time while the shows crapped out with errors - also interesting the video playback is smooth no choppiness in the commercials.  But shows I need to turn on low quality with a high performance pc and blast speed internet.

Here's a screenshot so Lexus can have some more annoying free advertisement

xfinity-lexus.png

New Poster

Been dealing with this problem for TWO WEEKS. Been having this problem with a Lexus commercial on ALL shows I watch with commercials. Can't finish any shows that have commercials. Contacted tech support numerious times and this is my last and final time before I decide to go with someone else for my cable. I have tried EVERY internet browser possible on windows and it happens on all of them. I have had my comcast account restarted and supposedly my problem has been ticketed as a bigger problem "and I will be contacted in 24 hours on my problem from tech support"- well its been three days and I have not heard anything from anybody and still am having problems with the ad. Looks like a ton of other people have been having problems with this same ad since 2010 in the same way. Pretty messed up. I'd get rid of them if they are causing so much frustration towards your paying customers.

New Poster

4 months later and I am STILL dealing with this issue. I cannot get through a single tv show! This is crazy. At this point they really need to just take down this commercial. I am so frustrated! I thought ok maybe Ill skip one episode, but then its 3-4 episodes in a row that I cant get past the first 20 mins. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation