Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tell us what you think of our new listings

New Poster

tell us what you think of our new listings

Looks like it's your turn in the barrell again, Comcast.

I've already clicked on your "tell us what you think about our new listings" link once to share my dislike with your new TV listings guide (which has NO ability to allow the user to revert to the 'old' format -- unforgiveable), but now that I've found even more issues to "tell you" about, further clicks on your link only take me to a gratuitous website that invites me to set up a stupid survey like the one in your link.

I test software for a living; it's grossly apparent that neither you nor your survey supplier test your own software in depth. For shame.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

New TV Listing not an improvement

The old listing took up a little more than half the screen (I am at 1600x900) and showed a full 3 hrs. This one takes up the full screen and shows less than 3 hrs. At primetime, the 10:00 show runs off the screen so your "New" indicator can't be seen. Menu on the left means I have to scroll down to pick another day from the menu instead of the old drop down at the top. (What's the point of showing a full month applet when there are only 12 days you can choose. The old drop down was more efficient.)

The only improvement needed from the previous version is to be able to see what shows are marked for recording without opening the show, like the version about 3 back did and the droid app does.

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: New TV Listing not an improvement

I can no longer change channels or schedule a recording with the new listing page. I tried 3 browsers and tried clearng cache and deleted cookies. Error box says:

We're sorry.

An error has occurred during this request.

Please wait a moment and try again.

If you continue to have problems please contact Customer Care at 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) for assistance.

Service Expert

I am able to schedule a recording but cannot change the channel using the listings page.

I get the same error message samm8056 reports.

Also, after scheduling a recording or attempting to change the channel the listings jump back to the top of the page.

Instead of seeing ch. 121 and scrolling down from there I have to go through EVERYTHING again just to get back to 121 and the channels after it. This also happened with the old page but I *think* it was fixed so that it stayed where it was.

When clicking to read the program description the info box is huge. If the word Close is in the box it is not seen. Clicking an empty space next to the title will close the box.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

BUMP... I too went back to add more comments but now.. I get sent to survey Monkey... WOW comcast.. Way to open up..

I did the survey.. it is worse... much more convoluted in all aspects. Much more difficult to read, navigate, use, slower and just clumsy.

The new listing is just garbage.  

• The date change is bulky now.. you have to find it on a calendar.. vs easy drop down

• The date change is hidden if you close the left menu.. vs just staying visible all the time.

• You still cant tell if a show is set to record without pulling up the full show details. (use ipad or iphone)

• It now widens with your screen but just streatches the same information wider.. so hard to read

• Doesn’t show wide enough.. 7-9pm.. Why cant I see more?  There are chanels that show the same show more than once.. I can record the 10pm show vs th 8 and get something else at 8.  But since I have to constantly clikcy back and forth it takes 2x as long.

• For the life of me I cant figure out why you force me to have all the same channels as a favorite.  Example:  HBO - there is 3 HBO HD's.  Identical. just on 3 differnt channels.  I set HBO on 1 as a favorite.  BOOM.. all three now have to show. (same problem on cable box too)  WHY do always force me to see so many channels I don’t want.

• if you click show details it stretches to the full width of browser.  Notice I say streach.  Horrible reading.

• The recording functions are terrible.  You have some controls at the top, some on the bottom to set a recording. What happened to "record"  

Seriously Comcast.. Do you do ANY testing? Let me guess.. someone thought this was pretty but nobody actually uses it. 

Why would you roll out a "new" listing grid and not add any functionality?  It way harder to read, use, navigate and what it used to be good for it just got much more difficult than the previous version.

Do your employees actually use your product? Lemme guess.. some dev team made this and got zero input form customers.

Regular Contributor

Agree with everything previous poster said in addition to my comments. Best version was 3 back. Every 'improvement' loses functionality

Regular Visitor

tv listings

Who is the idi*t that makes the tv listing page worse. It now takes 4 times longer to scan the line up now that I have to log in first and then I can only scan 2 hrs at a time.

I preferred the listing 2 versions ago. It just keeps getting worse.

As a result of the latest change I will be dropping comcast for FIOS in the next few weeks.

The new layout really sucks!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: tell us what you think of our new listings

I'm seeing the same thing as you.  I just went http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings and when I click the survey link I get the correct link:  https://www.research.net/s/6G98H5F.

What page are you seeing?

thanks,

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Problem Solver

Re: tv listings

Hi sven50,

Have you considered an alternate method of viewing TV listings?

I have, for years, been using : http://www.zap2it.com/  ---   After logging on and setting preferences, there is a choice for up to 6 hours of viewing time..

Hope this helps..

ciao, bj

Contributor

Why does comcast keep changing things. As soon as they get the TV listings program working they change it and we the users have to suffer thru their program teething problems for several months.

The latest change has so many problems that I don't know where to begin. The problem reported by captainobvious is just the start.

Man Mad

Contributor

The guide just started working for me today Mon, before 1pmEDT.

For how long is anyones guess. It worked the second half of Saturday, but not Sunday.

I will say one thng, the cookies are persistant. Finally.

Frequent Visitor

new tv guide

can you please explain how viewing scheduled programing, viewing 2 and a fraction of hours and having to click to display the full 3 hours on the same screen is an improvement?

can you please explain how viewing scheduled programing on a display so large that only a portion of it is viewable at a time on my computer screen is an improvement?

can you please explain how viewing scheduled programing seeing only 10 channels at a time vs dozens is an improvement?

can you please explain how viewing scheduled programing with the necessity to make many times more click and scroll moves is an improvement?

can you please explain how viewing scheduled programing can only be accomplished by positioning the display so far to the right that the contols are off sceen is an improvemewnt?

can you please explain what your understanding of the word improvement is, obviously it has no practical relationship to the term user friendly?

Frequent Visitor

tell me more about FIOS, i can't take any more "improvements"

Frequent Visitor

looked at zap2it, WAY BETTER & WAY MORE USER FRIENDLY! thanks, i won't have to wait for xfinity.tv to become useful again, i can juast avoid using it altogether. thank you,

Problem Solver

You're very welcome..  At one time, many years ago, comcast did have a very good tv listing.... And if I remember correctly, Zap2it was the program used by comcast for tv listings...

Through the years, the tv listings have become one of the worst things I've seen, and the opening page reminds me of Netflix....  Smiley Sad

I know it takes a bit of energy to set up the listings but, well worth the time.  Smiley Wink  Just remember to SAVE  your choices and add to your Favorites..

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

Channel listings online

I want the old listings back!  The new format doesn't show enough of a time spread, keeps forgetting where I live, keeps forgetting my favorite list and just sucks in general.  I want the old one back!

Regular Contributor

Also, I notice this post was moved. For future reference, what's the difference between 

Especially since there are now 4 more threads in the other forum on the same subject.
Regular Contributor

Re: Channel listings online

Agree. 

Regular Contributor

I have used various tv listings over the years and zap2it was definitely the best. Unfortunately, I used comcast listings to not just look, but to set recordings for DVR. If zap2it could do that, I would change in a heartbeat. Every time Comcast improves it they take something away. 

Regular Contributor

Re: new tv guide

Agree to one more

Regular Contributor

Once you take the survey, you can't go back and add more comments. You get the page the OP mentioned about setting up a survey. I too wanted to add more comments. The more I use it, the less I like it. I may go  back to using another listing and setting up recording on the remote

Regular Contributor

Disagree with cookies are consistent. I have to reselect favorites every time

New Poster

So far, TV listings doesn't work at all.  The stuff I don't care about works though.  I want the original back, which was far better than the one they just replaced, and no doubt this one as well.

Contributor

I solved the problem by unplugging my cable box for 2 minutes then powered it up again. The box went through a reset and around 2 hours later all channels reloaded and I can now change channels and schedule recordings from the xfinity website.

I still feel the old tv listing grid was better.

Official Employee

dbvirago wrote:

Is your browser set to where it is deleting cookies upon exiting?

Do you have the correct zip code and service area selected?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

dbvirago wrote:

Also, I notice this post was moved. For future reference, what's the difference between 

Especially since there are now 4 more threads in the other forum on the same subject.

Xfinity.com Website is for issues with the Xfinity.comcast.net website.

XfinityTV Website is for issues with the XfinityTV Online Video Player, Online TV listings, show information, DVR Manager, and Queue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Re: This new on-screen guide really sucks

I have to agree...ever since the new on-screen guide was supposedly upgraded it actually seems to have downgraded.

Nothing but problems... Today's problem....the grid just doesn't appear at all

a  yellow window appears stating,  "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."

...reloading the browser does not do a thing and currently the problem still exists.

A few days ago the grid listing was displaying programming that did not match the programming in my area.

I was logged in and even attempted to manually reset the correct zip code several times with no luck....

after giving up in frustration and returning about an hour later it finally corrected itself..

....   geez !! what a piece of &^%#!!

never had any problems before this downgrade... i mean upgrade

Has comcast ever heard of "it if works ...leave it alone" !!     :smileyangry:

Regular Visitor

There is a bug in IE9 with selecting the proper DVR to record on. I have 2 DVRs and while I get the pull down menu to select the DVR, selection will not change. This is not a problem in firefox. Please fix the IE9 bug.

Official Employee

prcdbear1 wrote:

There is a bug in IE9 with selecting the proper DVR to record on. I have 2 DVRs and while I get the pull down menu to select the DVR, selection will not change. This is not a problem in firefox. Please fix the IE9 bug.

We are going to further look into this. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

New listing format: can't get a full 3 hour grid, can't get all channels with favorites at top, side-mounted controls are an ill-considered waste* of screen space.

Can no longer set recordings with IE 9, page does not work at all with Chrome.

The only improvements I can see are (1) the legible color scheme and (2) I can now remove a channel from my favorites. Everything else is a giant step into decreased usability and limited function.

Please don't ask me to try different versions of different browsers. That's what you HIRE beta testers for.

*Filter would not allow more appropriately descriptive words.

Frequent Visitor

There is no "now" setting for the time.  Previous versions worked.

Workaround: hit "History" and then "Back".  Voila, time is set to "now".

Regular Contributor

dbvirago wrote:

Is your browser set to where it is deleting cookies upon exiting?

Do you have the correct zip code and service area selected?

Thanks,
Joe

*******************************************************************************************************************

No, my browser works the same as it did before the switch, it's the page that changed. If I click favorites, it asks me to sign in. I didn't have to do that on the old system.  I think I'll have to move to zap2it for  tv listing and record on the set with remote. This system is just too much trouble to use. 

fyi, Zap2It manages to display 5 hours by 8 channels in less space than the new Xfinity page. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. You might think about changing the names. I wouldn't consider the 2nd group a website. 

Silver Problem Solver

new xfinity tv listing

delete

Silver Problem Solver

Re: new xfinity tv listing

Hello,

Here are my comments on your useless web tv listings all my zip codes and settings are set correctly.

1. Listing only shows a limit of 1.5 hrs.

2. When click on any of the HD only, movies,sports and kids links on the left side it shows all the shows correctly for the various catogories but if I click on the your tv and tv listings it never brings me back to the complete tv listing of all the channels.

For me to get this to work I have to clear my history, cookies and cache every signal time and this is for firefox and internet explorer browser. It also does not matter if I set the default to automatically clear the stuff when exit the browser.

Why do we have to clear the browser stuff ever single time the old version we did not have too?

Why does comcast never test any of these things out before they make it public?

Why does comcast try to fix things when it is not broken? Have you ever heard of the saying if it is not broken dont fix it.

Why dont you give the user the option to roll back to the old version if they dont like it?

Who ever your webdesigner is it seems that they have never designed a webpage with all the script and html error codes there are tons of them on various pages. Check your stuff

Well it looks like comcast has to go back to the drawing board on this one and there is a lot to fix and we will know what they will say the fixes are coming soon. Take your time and do your testing before you release your stuff it would be a lot better.

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Re: new xfinity tv listing

Why do we have to clear the browser stuff ever single time the old version we did not have too?

You don't. Clear your cache and delete your cookies is the tech support version of take two aspirin and call me in the morning. Clearing the cache will help in certain isolated instances, but it should never be required in well-behaved and tested software. Deleting a corrupt cookie may help in 1 out of a 1000 cases. Deleting all your cookies is the result of a lazy tech support person. It will cause all your other sites to not work properly and almost certainly won't fix the problem you are working on.

New Poster

Thanks BlueJay, went to your recommendation : http://www.zap2it.com/ , worked beautifully, first time - perfectly!! Comcast website was so frustrating, I guess they just don't want me to use it.

New Poster

Worked fine for me as well.  Thanks for the tip.

Regular Visitor

New TV Listings Format

While I initially liked the look & feel of the new format, some of the functionality of the previous one has been lost.  The new format does not allow combining filters such as "favorites" and HD Only".  Speaking of the favorites filter, why can't I label individual channels as favorites instead of every instance of, say, CBS or BBCA.  I only watch one of these and the duplicates make it much harder to navigate.

For some reason, I'm finding I can't program the recording of future shows via the website.  I get "There is a problem with your request, try again later."  This has been going on the past 2 days.

The old system was deadly slow as it took forever for the grid to update when you cahnge the date or time, but at least it functioned.  This critter is pretty and fast but that's the extent of it's virtues.  I'd say she needs a LOT more work before roll out.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New TV Listings Format

Hello,

As you can see that comcast did not test the tvlisting website now they are making the customers beta test the site. At least support will be busy with there canned replies until the site is working correctly again.

New Poster

New TV Listings Grid

I like the new TV Listings page with one exception.  You need to show from 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. on the grid for prime time.  In other words, the grid needs to show 3 complete hours and not 2.5.   Currently, we can only see what's playing through 10:30 p.m.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: New TV Listings Grid

Favorites are now working as well as keeping me logged in as selected.

No changes on my side and I certainly didn't delete my cookies. 

thanks for making progress.

Regular Contributor

Favorites are now working as well as keeping me logged in as selected.

No changes on my side and I certainly didn't delete my cookies. 

thanks for making progress..

Please display full 3 hour grid. Move drop-downs and buttons back to that large empty space at the top of the screen, (which would give you room to show full 3 hours on grid) and put the red dot back on shows set to record.

New Poster

Every day the Xfinity TV listings page changes.  Today's change is to only display 1/3 of my favorited channels, the ones with which Comcast has deals, and no others.   NONE.   I don't channel surf- I only watch shows that I've looked up beforehand, hence my use of the favorites feature.  Why bother?   I'm giving Xcomfincastity an ultimatum- fix your website in the next two weeks or I'll cancel TV altogether.   I can watch the four hours a week at someone else's house.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Is anyone from comcast looking into the issue that I have posted

Official Employee

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Is anyone from comcast looking into the issue that I have posted

"When click on any of the HD only, movies,sports and kids links on the left side it shows all the shows correctly for the various catogories but if I click on the your tv and tv listings it never brings me back to the complete tv listing of all the channels." -

Sorry, I meant to respond to this.

If you click the Sports listings for example, it will stay on until you turn it off. Any filter that is highlighted blue, click again to turn off. Once all filters are off, your listings will be back to normal.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. It is very appreciated and will be taken under consideration for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Now nothing in the left sidebar works.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

I tried your suggestion comcastjoe but the filters do not seem to work. It seems that they just lock up and you cant undo it without clearing your cache.

New Poster

The new T.V.schedule

Any chance of getting our 3 hour T.V.grid restored? The two-hour format is really limiting if you're as used to the 3 hour format  as I am.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: The new T.V.schedule

If your talking about on the computer that is the new guide comcast picked, so unless they decide to do it I would say no.   Its the same on your cable box.