New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tech regression?

ANSWERED
New Poster

tech regression?

JUST NOTICED THIS MORNING 8/18/13 THAT THE TV LISTINGS NO LONGER PUT WHETHER A PROGRAM IS "NEW" OR NOT....IT'S HELPFUL TO KNOW ! WHY THE CHANGE ? ALSO NOTED THAT IN THE DVR SECTION "SCHEDULED RECORDINGS " THE PROGRAMS THAT ARE NOT GOING TO BE RECORDED ARE NOW DISPLAYED!! THE LIST IS NOW SO LONG ON SOME DAYS THAT THERE ARE PAGES AND PAGES TO GO THROUGH TO FIND THE SHOWS THAT ARE GOING TO BE RECORDED !!! CHANGE IS GOOD BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT'S UP WITH THESE ?!?!

Accepted Solution

Re: tech regression?

Spoke to a Comcast rep today 8/19 ...at first he said it was maintenance ?!?!? then he said they were trying something and it would "probably" go back to the way it was .Anyway...just checked and the DVR  settings went back to original set-up and the guide again lists "new" and  "repeat".Good grief !

View answer in context
Contributor

I just noticed that repeated shows are being recorded if the DVR is set to  record all New shows in a series.  Is there a reason the New and Repeat were removed from the descriptions ?

Regular Contributor

Here in zip 94087 I'm seeing listings, on the DVR Manager and on the DVR itself, of many shows that are NOT going to be recorded.  And sure enough they do not get recorded (that's a good thing).  But it sure messes up the listings.  The other day there must have been 20+ listings for Louis C.K. for shows from last season.  I'm glad none recorded.

New Poster

Spoke to a Comcast rep today 8/19 ...at first he said it was maintenance ?!?!? then he said they were trying something and it would "probably" go back to the way it was .Anyway...just checked and the DVR  settings went back to original set-up and the guide again lists "new" and  "repeat".Good grief !

Contributor

I never called about it, but it is all fixed.  Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation