Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

streaming xfinity tv in browser

New Poster

streaming xfinity tv in browser

pahp I hope this is the right place to discuss this.

I've been trying to watch xfinity tv online. The stream is extremely choppy and it often locks up. I don't have any trouble with other streaming sites, whether or not they use Flash player like xfinity does. It's annoying to try to watch on my Acer laptop.

But now I just got a new HP Pavilion with AMD quad-core A10-9620P and 8GB memory and I can't watch at all in Chrome. It freezes after about two seconds.

In Firefox, xfinity crashes the Flash player so I can't watch there either.

Microsoft Edge seems to run xfinity okay -- but just barely okay. It still freezes and skips a lot... A lot.

Is there anything I can do on my end to improve xfinity TV's performance? Again, this is a brand new computer and a brand new installation of Flash player. And I've had the same issues with streaming on two other computers --- only with xfinity, not with any other streaming source, anywhere. I would expect more of xfinity than this.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: streaming xfinity tv in browser

@grumpybob wrote:

pahp I hope this is the right place to discuss this.

I've been trying to watch xfinity tv online. The stream is extremely choppy and it often locks up. I don't have any trouble with other streaming sites, whether or not they use Flash player like xfinity does. It's annoying to try to watch on my Acer laptop.

But now I just got a new HP Pavilion with AMD quad-core A10-9620P and 8GB memory and I can't watch at all in Chrome. It freezes after about two seconds.

In Firefox, xfinity crashes the Flash player so I can't watch there either.

Microsoft Edge seems to run xfinity okay -- but just barely okay. It still freezes and skips a lot... A lot.

Is there anything I can do on my end to improve xfinity TV's performance? Again, this is a brand new computer and a brand new installation of Flash player. And I've had the same issues with streaming on two other computers --- only with xfinity, not with any other streaming source, anywhere. I would expect more of xfinity than this.

If you're using wifi, try a wired connection

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation