Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

streaming error 900|106000

New Poster

streaming error 900|106000

For two days I have been unable to stream about 95% of the content, all coming up with an error 900:106000.

I see this error all over the place in the forums and very little effort by Xfinity to solve it.

This is poor poor customer service.  I pay a ton of money for this service, please treat this problem more seriously.

Meanwhile, I am going to go watch my netflix which never seems to have streaming errors....

Regular Visitor

Re: streaming error 900|106000

I too have had this issue, I spoke with a comcast representative about it in the live chat...

This guy kept insinuating it was my internet connection even though my speed test was excelent, he kept resetting my modem and after I asked for him to give me the comcast hotline phone number he reset my modem and disabled my wifi module on purpose!!!! 0/10 BAD shame on you. Where the is the customer service survey for this person? I'd like to fill it out with a burning pashion.

Oh FYI you should get on the chat and telll them about how unhappy you are and get your self a 5 dollar credit, I know I just did. When all my service went out I ended up getting a 10 dollar credit and 3 months free hbo, showtime, starz... BUT I can't get my nurse jackie fix now. Thanks for a wonderful morning comcast. Man Mad

What's worse is none of the people via chat or phone have a clue that this is a widespread issue. Get it together and inform your support staff, also an ETA on a fix would be great! Man Frustrated

(FYI no ammount of equipment resetting or flashplayer/install/uninstall PC restarts is going to fix this issue.) Who forgot to pay the data bill to comcast's isp? Man LOL

New Poster

After some rooting around, I tracked this error (in my case) to an issue with the latest edition of Adobe Flash Player (released 5/12/2015). I had to uninstall the current version of flash:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html#main_10_4

and reinstall the previous one (Flash Player 17.0.0.169; released 4/14/2015), which can be downloaded here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

There is a video on the entire reversion process  (including the 'clean reinstall') here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1022066

At this point, I have it working in Safari, but still can't get around the issue in Chrome (which has a plugin that automatically updates flash).

Hope this helps!

Regular Visitor

I'm having this problem as well, but I don't think it's flash - it really seems to be xfinity because I can watch the problematic shows on the actual networks websites using my xfinity credintials - it just doesn't work when I try to watch through the xfinity site...For example, I cannot watch Mad Men on xfinity due to this problem. If I go to the AMC website, login with my xfininty credintials - it works just fine. What gives?! 

Regular Visitor

It won't work for me if I'm logged in OR out... also downgrading flash player didn't work for me at all. It's also not a good thing to do because you're leaving your system open to security vulnerabilities. I tried using the ESR version but comcast says it needs version 15+. Downgrading to that version you noted did not work at all for me. Comcast get on the horn with adobe and fix your broken caca because time is money.
New Poster

I just chatted with a support guy who said it was becasue the site was updating and ASSURED me it would be fixed in 24hrs. We'll see.....

New Poster

I am having the same issue!

New Poster

I am having the same issue with game of thrones.... WWWTTTTFFFFF COMCAST!!!????

Regular Visitor

Yup getting a credit is the best way to go because I've been having the issue since the end of April. No one has fixed it. I'll be calling them back in another day or two and asking for a refund. Especially after my wifi was turned off without my permission.