New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

streaming devices

ANSWERED
Contributor

streaming devices

when i go to the xfinity stream web site portal when i look under manage devices there is a section that says devices currently streaming(If you've reached your streaming limit, you'll need to stop playback on one device before you can start streaming on another)and it says i have 2 devices currently streaming,my living room dvr and my bedroom xid,problem is that i am not streaming anything on those devices and i can't remove them.is there a way to remove them?and also that website portal is for cloud viewing on a mobile device or computer so why are my home boxes showing up as devices currently streaming?

Accepted Solution

Re: streaming devices

jcfish23 wrote:

when i go to the xfinity stream web site portal when i look under manage devices there is a section that says devices currently streaming(If you've reached your streaming limit, you'll need to stop playback on one device before you can start streaming on another)and it says i have 2 devices currently streaming,my living room dvr and my bedroom xid,problem is that i am not streaming anything on those devices and i can't remove them.is there a way to remove them?and also that website portal is for cloud viewing on a mobile device or computer so why are my home boxes showing up as devices currently streaming?

Hi John,

Short answer is that they shouldn't show up there but, even if they do, they won't count against the 5 in-home stream limit. That list pulls devices which watching "IP Streams". There's an open bug agains the Xi devices appearing in the list but our engineering team hadn't seem the XG devices appearing in a similar way.  

Both of those have been manually cleared and hopefully will stay out of your list (or disappear when streaming is done and not count even while streaming).  On your account, they were streams started in May/June so nobody is certain why they didn't auto-clear but will continue to investigate.

Best,
ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

jcfish23 wrote:

Hi John,

Short answer is that they shouldn't show up there but, even if they do, they won't count against the 5 in-home stream limit. That list pulls devices which watching "IP Streams". There's an open bug agains the Xi devices appearing in the list but our engineering team hadn't seem the XG devices appearing in a similar way.  

Both of those have been manually cleared and hopefully will stay out of your list (or disappear when streaming is done and not count even while streaming).  On your account, they were streams started in May/June so nobody is certain why they didn't auto-clear but will continue to investigate.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

thanks alot they are now cleared.okay so if they do show up again my x1 dvr and my 2 xid boxes there is nothing to worry about,those boxes never count towards streaming devices,correct?and as of now there is no way i could remove them myself if they did happen to show up again?

Official Employee

jcfish23 wrote:

thanks alot they are now cleared.okay so if they do show up again my x1 dvr and my 2 xid boxes there is nothing to worry about,those boxes never count towards streaming devices,correct?and as of now there is no way i could remove them myself if they did happen to show up again?

Correct, they may appear in the list if streaming IP On Demand to the X1 and XiD boxes but will not count against the in-home device limit of 5 devices currently in place.  They should never have been "stuck" there like they were so hopefully that remains the case. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

No im a new user and just simply want to access stream on my phone
Problem Solver

Leemax wrote:
No im a new user and just simply want to access stream on my phone

Huh? "No" what?

New Poster

Comcast Dan,

I have the exact same problem.  But I also have another concern.  I have spent over an hour with your CS and no one bothered to tell me this.  No one offered to "clean up" my incorrect information.  Someone did escalate a ticket and told me to expect a phone call within 72 hours.  It seems odd that in almost 3 months no one could find a fix for this.  Hope they haven't quit looking.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation