Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

stop xfinity tv pop up

Regular Visitor

stop xfinity tv pop up

Since Xfinity came up  with their XFINITY TV website, I get a pop-up everytime I access the TV guide on my computer, that directs to the "New XFINITY TV website". Is there anyway to turn this off?

Service Expert

Re: stop xfinity tv pop up

onespeed wrote:

Since Xfinity came up  with their XFINITY TV website, I get a pop-up everytime I access the TV guide on my computer, that directs to the "New XFINITY TV website". Is there anyway to turn this off?

At this time there is no way to turn this pop-up off....  it is by design.  

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

so you're saying that comcast intentionally irritates its customers.  That is some customer service.

This isn't the first message about this topic.  There are others.  Interesting how they get locked for replies. One would think comcast would be more sensitive.

Problem Solver

Yes, one of the locked threads had a post from a Comcast employee stating "The new site is designed to interact and look like your X1."  Too bad the Guide on the new site is about useless since you cannot even set favorite channels on it (like you can now do permanently on the X1 cable box), nor can you see more than 2 hours at one time.  Last I checked, prime time is 3 hours long, and it makes it much easier to schedule recordings when you can see all 3 hours at once. That is why I still use the old site, with it's annoying pop-up, "There's a new way to watch!".  Unfortunately for this case, new is NOT better.

spokey wrote:

so you're saying that comcast intentionally irritates its customers.  That is some customer service.

This isn't the first message about this topic.  There are others.  Interesting how they get locked for replies. One would think comcast would be more sensitive.

Frequent Visitor

yes

i imagine they are sitting there asking "how can we make customers use the new site" 

instead of asking

why do customers still prefer using the old site?

Problem Solver

Hi onespeed,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

just a guess here on my part

but i'm thinking that the people on this thread and all the others complaining about this are not really looking for an apology.  They are probably asking that comcast fix this bug.

Regular Visitor

duplicate post deleted

Regular Visitor

ComcastElena wrote:

Hi onespeed,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.

Apology not accepted. I'm so sick of this popup getting in the way. I would be happy to use the new site if it wasn't so slow. With the old pages, even with the popup I'm done with with most tasks before the new pages even load. Why would Comcast purposely want to annoy it's users like this every time they use the service?!

Problem Solver

Hello All,

It is not a bug. At this time there is no way to turn it off. We will pass along your feedback to be considered in future updates.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry but it is a bug.  Whether it operates as programmers intended only indicates whether it is a programming bug or not.  It is clearly a design and / or usability bug. 

Regular Visitor

This is far worse than a bug. To purposely inflict this on Comcast subscribers is ridiculous. I could understand an error in judgement but this has gone on much too long to claim that either.