Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

still cant get my dvr manager to work

New Poster

still cant get my dvr manager to work

i still cant get my dvr manager to work, comcast is playing dumb on the phone, should cancel my service goto at&t, great job comcast!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: still cant get my dvr manager to work

it says dvr manager is availble in your area and we cant detect a compatible device last week the lady said my box was compatible this week its not availble in your are yet!

New Poster

I have a cisco RNG200N

Cable Expert

Cisco's RNG200 DVR' are not yet compatible until Guide 2.0 is rolled out and you receive a email from Comcast when is available specifically to you, this year for many Cisco area's.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

ashley2309 wrote:

i still cant get my dvr manager to work, comcast is playing dumb on the phone, should cancel my service goto at&t, great job comcast!

The DVR Manager on the RNG200N is not yet available in all markets but it looks like you are in a compatible market.

Our team is looking into this now and I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I recently had to exchange my SA 8300 HD DVR and they gave me a Cisco RNG200. I was excited because I thought it would be compatible with the DVR online manager. Apparently it is not? Is that correct? How do I get one that is compatible? I am traveling a lot and it seems that this 'technology' is too complicated for the boyfriend and he cannot schedule and reschedule shows.

Secondly, I read that some have a larger hard drive than others...some 500gb and some 320gb. What is this one? If it is not the largest, how do I get one of those? As I said, I travel a lot for work and nees to be able to hold a week's worth of shows to watch during the week I get back while subsequently taping that week's show. I hate having to delete shows that I really would like to watch. What can we do here to resolve these issues?

I am in the Memphis market btw and upgraded my tv/internet on March 23rd and have not had the complete service working a single day until today. Now, I receives my bill in the mail and it is over $30 too much if it were a usual month but it is instead almost $70+ too Much since I was supposed to receive credits for all the utter craps I have had to deal with. It even charged me for an additonal outlet- what is that? I know I don't have one...I have one tv...one modem (that I own). This is beginning to be quite ridiculous...actually it has been for some time now and I am pretty close to dumping all this on Comcast's doorstep. Overcharging me for services that I didn't get at all and had to talk to Comcast everyday for almost a month now is just too much for one person to take. Seriously, is this the best yal can do??????

So...1. How do I get a DVR that is compatible for DVR manager?
2. How do I get a DVR with a larger hard drive?

3. If anyone answers with, you can pay an additional anything I might just cancel Comcast immediately.

4. Can you hook up an external hard drive via the USB port to the Cisco eng200 or any of the available DVRs in Memphis?

5. How do I get my bill actually fixed once and for all??/???

-over it all in Memphis
Frequent Visitor

Okay...I just found out that thia piece of craps actually has a small 160gb hard drive...smaller than my previous SA8300 AND has been given end of life and support by Cisco. They say we need to migrate. I AM NOT going to take a fake New piece of craps. I deserve a new rng200n or better for all that I have dealt with. Can someone help me please??????
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation