Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

starz play on Amazon Firestick

Visitor

starz play on Amazon Firestick

I have several Firesticks and use two at a second home.  I often have to reactivate Starz Play, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, etc. by entering an activation code and then choosing Xfinity as my provider.  However, last night i had to reactivate both devices.  after I entered my activation code on my laptop, there was no Comcast or Xfinity listed as a provider.  I checked again in the AM and it was the same situtation--no Xfinity!!  What's going on??

Frequent Visitor

Re: starz play on Amazon Firestick

Comcast support here on their site (in the Live Chat option) told me yesterday that the only streaming app they are currently supporting is HBO GO. Anything else currently has to go through their separate Xfinity To Go app instead.

I'm not sure if that app is even available for the Fire Stick, but I *know* it's not available for the Roku (which is what I use for most of our TVs). The only streaming app for my cable channels that still works on the Roku is the HBO GO app, and even that made me re-activate today.

My guess is that you're going to encounter the same situation with the Fire Stick that I am in with the Roku -- that the only cable-channel streaming app left is the HBO GO app. I have a Fire Stick that I use sporadically in a nook off my kitchen. I'll have to see if any of the streaming apps work there anymore. But I bet they're all gone but the HBO GO app...

New Poster

I am having the same issue with the Fire TV. I hope that they resolve this issue soon. I have a Fire tablet and the Xfinity App is available on the Amazon App store on the tablet. Unfortunately, the App store on the Fire TV does not have this app yet.

Visitor

It would seem that the issue has been resolved.  Suddenly i returned to our Cape Cod home connected with Starz Play and it was as though there was no issue at all.  thank you for your input and shared issues/ideas.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation