Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

spanish audio

Contributor

spanish audio

On one of my local channels (ABC) I am always getting spanish audio when there is a football game.  Whats going on?  I do not get the spanish audio on any other local channel (NBC, CBS, FOX) on the football games and the ABC channel is not in spanish with other programming, like news.  So what can be done about this?  I got Xfinity Stream because I cannot receive local channels with an OTA antenna in my location and DirecTV Now doesnt offer locals either.  

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: spanish audio

nmstough wrote:

On one of my local channels (ABC) I am always getting spanish audio when there is a football game.  Whats going on?  I do not get the spanish audio on any other local channel (NBC, CBS, FOX) on the football games and the ABC channel is not in spanish with other programming, like news.  So what can be done about this?  I got Xfinity Stream because I cannot receive local channels with an OTA antenna in my location and DirecTV Now doesnt offer locals either.  

That is strange, I just tried the game on ABC and had english audio, I switched on SAP and still got english. I'm in Boston area, where are you located?

Contributor

I am in Tucson Arizona.  It seems to be localized to this station (the local ABC affiliate).  There are multiple options in the guide such as HD versions of the channel and all are in spanish.  Its very frustrating and annoying.  It seems to be only for the football games.  

Official Employee

Hi nmstough, as (mvenanzi) mentioned please try toggling your "SAP" feature on the remote. Press the down arrow and then scroll over to SAP and press "OK". This should change your language from Spanish to English. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi nmstough, as (mvenanzi) mentioned please try toggling your "SAP" feature on the remote. Press the down arrow and then scroll over to SAP and press "OK". This should change your language from Spanish to English. 

nmstough doesn't have a remote, they are using xf stream

Official Employee

mvenanzi wrote: nmstough doesn't have a remote, they are using xf stream

There is also an SAP feature on the app as well, please tap on the screen and toggle the language to English. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation