Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

sound keeps going out - shows not freezing

New Poster

sound keeps going out - shows not freezing

the shows are not freezing / buffering - but continuing to play however there will be 3- 15 second outages of sound from the shows, happens multiple times per minute. very frustrating and can't watch anything continuously. is it possible that the upgrade to Mac OSX Mountain Lion is affecting the playback? 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: sound keeps going out - shows not freezing

stnhbr4 wrote:

the shows are not freezing / buffering - but continuing to play however there will be 3- 15 second outages of sound from the shows, happens multiple times per minute. very frustrating and can't watch anything continuously. is it possible that the upgrade to Mac OSX Mountain Lion is affecting the playback? 

What specifc shows are you reffering to and how early into the episode/movie does the sound start to go out?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: sound keeps going out - shows not freezing

This is happening to me too.  It happens on all channels.  I am ready to pitch the cable box out the window!  It started happening a couple times an hour now it is several times a minute.  You can't watch anything with that many interruptions.  Bad thing is I am snowed in and already bored!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation