Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

slow download speed tv to go, but speed test download is fine

Regular Visitor

slow download speed tv to go, but speed test download is fine

Downloading movies on TV to go using android device,  Speed test download was 27, but it takes hours to download movies using TV to go.  Solutions?  

Service Expert

Re: slow download speed tv to go, but speed test download is fine

Phyto wrote:

Downloading movies on TV to go using android device,  Speed test download was 27, but it takes hours to download movies using TV to go.  Solutions?  

If you are selcting the HD version it will be larger....  try selecting the SD version if available....  

My wireless connection hums along around 115mbps and it can take me up to 10-15 minutes for an HD movie....  <provided for comparison, YMMV >

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

@Geek46, thank you.  Yes GB v MB makes a difference with regard to complete a download, but the downloads just go at a snails pace or not at all.  I sort of gave up on it for the time being.  Thanks!!

New Poster

I'm having some problem on a new iPad Air2. My download s...

I'm having some problem on a new iPad Air2. My download speed on the device over wifi is 70 Meg's but downloading a 4 gig had movie is taking 6+ hours or longer. I have no issues downloading anything else just movies in the XFinity TV to go app. Something is seriously wrong with the app from a download standpoint.
Problem Solver

Re: I'm having some problem on a new iPad Air2. My download s...

I agree with you about the download speed being jacked up.  All I know is that it is shorter to watch the movie than it is to download it.  I gave up on downloading anything on the TV GO app a long time ago.

Tcarenter wrote:
I'm having some problem on a newiPadAir2. My download speed on the device overwifi is 70 Meg's but downloading a 4 gig had movie is taking 6+ hours or longer. I have no issues downloading anything else just movies in theXFinity TV to go app. Something is seriously wrong with the app from a download standpoint.

New Poster

I recently downloaded the Android version on my BBZ30 - had high hopes - I recently tried downloading a 1.1gb movie - it should have taken minutes. I gave up after hours (like the amount of time you wait to speak to a person at Comcast when you call for help - only they can't ever seem to help).  Based on other comments on this forum, looks like Comcast released this prematurely with bugs...and they want me to entrust my home/family security to them?  Really?!