Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

silverlight frustrations

New Poster

silverlight frustrations

I have been able to watch my xfinity online just fine until 2 nights ago.  Now I cannot watch xfinity tv...I keep getting microsoft silverlight update...so I update then it tells me to uninstall it and reinstall it...so I do and I still cannot watch what I'm paying for. I have closed browsers, opened browsers, rebooted, and uninstalled adobe flash player incase of conflicting whatevers, so said instructions of the site. I am frustrated. I use google chrome my computer does not have IE installed in it. I have my computer device info. Oh, and by the way...I really hate having to go through 50billion posts of everything else just to get a problem resolved with watching my comcast website. This is the only place I keep getting referred to for an answer I dont seem to be getting.

Totally unsatisfied and very very frustrated.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: silverlight frustrations

stewart412 wrote:

I have been able to watch my xfinity online just fine until 2 nights ago.  Now I cannot watch xfinity tv...I keep getting microsoft silverlight update...so I update then it tells me to uninstall it and reinstall it...so I do and I still cannot watch what I'm paying for. I have closed browsers, opened browsers, rebooted, and uninstalled adobe flash player incase of conflicting whatevers, so said instructions of the site. I am frustrated. I use google chrome my computer does not have IE installed in it. I have my computer device info. Oh, and by the way...I really hate having to go through 50billion posts of everything else just to get a problem resolved with watching my comcast website. This is the only place I keep getting referred to for an answer I dont seem to be getting.

Totally unsatisfied and very very frustrated.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Re: silverlight frustrations

What version of windows do you have. Internet explorer is on your computer but you may not have it activated also you can download Internet explorer from the Microsoft download site.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation