Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,841,787

members

1,490

online

36,126

topics

Top

set recording remotely

ANSWERED
New Poster

set recording remotely

How can I set my DVR to record from my laptop?

 

Accepted Solution

Re: set recording remotely


grouchotoo wrote:

How can I set my DVR to record from my laptop?

 


When you're on your home network, use the xf streaming website - https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

 

In the listings, find the show you want to record, click on it, then click on record. Will then get box with record options.

 

Untitled.png

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: set recording remotely


grouchotoo wrote:

How can I set my DVR to record from my laptop?

 


When you're on your home network, use the xf streaming website - https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

 

In the listings, find the show you want to record, click on it, then click on record. Will then get box with record options.

 

Untitled.png

Service Expert

Re: set recording remotely

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: set recording remotely


Rustyben wrote:

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.


Not using a laptop as OP questioned - "from my laptop"

Service Expert

Re: set recording remotely


mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.


Not using a laptop as OP questioned - "from my laptop"


many customers may not be familiar with the smart device apps and how they can access the same task to set a program to record remotely. 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: set recording remotely


Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.


Not using a laptop as OP questioned - "from my laptop"


many customers may not be familiar with the smart device apps and how they can access the same task to set a program to record remotely. 


Thats true, but the way you wrote it sounds like you're saying you can use the smart device apps on a laptop.

Service Expert

Re: set recording remotely


mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.


Not using a laptop as OP questioned - "from my laptop"


many customers may not be familiar with the smart device apps and how they can access the same task to set a program to record remotely. 


Thats true, but the way you wrote it sounds like you're saying you can use the smart device apps on a laptop.


agree. It would have been better to add 'if you have a smart device.. ' or similar. good catch!




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: set recording remotely

my stream app on my phone is not letting me set recordings. Any idea why?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: set recording remotely


crreynolds1221 wrote:

my stream app on my phone is not letting me set recordings. Any idea why?


The record function was remooved due to lawsuit with tivo

 

More info here - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: set recording remotely

New Poster

Re: set recording remotely

How do you set a program to record online if the "Record" option is not an available option on the screen? I am on my computer and I am trying to set a show to record tomorrow on my DVR (so I am not at home). But, when I search and find the program, there is no option to record.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: set recording remotely


nuttcase12 wrote:

How do you set a program to record online if the "Record" option is not an available option on the screen? I am on my computer and I am trying to set a show to record tomorrow on my DVR (so I am not at home). But, when I search and find the program, there is no option to record.


The record option is currently not available. More info here:

 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: set recording remotely

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: set recording remotely

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 24334 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation