Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

saving downloaded anyplay content

New Poster

saving downloaded anyplay content

I want to know if I can save content downloaded through anyplay - some movies give the option to download, rather than just stream. Are these saved on the device? If so I cannot find where. Are they saved in "cloud" storage under my xfinity account? Ultimately I want to know if I can transfer these movies to removable storage such as micro sd. Any help or a better understanding of how it works would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: saving downloaded anyplay content

The AnyPlay device is local to your home network.  Downloading a show puts it on the mobile device.    Nothing leaves your home network, so it is not uploaded to a cloud.

If this feature is important to you, you might want to look into purchasing a Tivo Premier DVR and a Tivo stream.  The Tivo recordings stored on the Tivo can be streamed to tablets, and also copied off to a home server, NAS, PC or Mac by using the Tivo Desktop software and the Tivo mobile app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Okay, but how, if possible, can I access the downloaded file on my device to transfer it. I have a tablet, but I don't want to eat all the memory by saving the movies permanently on the device. If I can transfer them, though, to a pc or storage drive, via a micro sd card, then I could reload them on a micro sd card whenever I wanted to be able to watch them. How do I get the movie from my tablet (the device it is downloading to) to something with more storage capacity. Where do I find the file to be able to transfer it, or what option is there in Anyplay to move the downloaded movie? I can't find the file anywhere in the tablet's drive, other than by opening the Anyplay app, and I don't see an option to copy or transfer it from there.
Official Employee

jd7wilson wrote:
Okay, but how, if possible, can I access the downloaded file on my device to transfer it. I have a tablet, but I don't want to eat all the memory by saving the movies permanently on the device. If I can transfer them, though, to a pc or storage drive, via a micro sd card, then I could reload them on a micro sd card whenever I wanted to be able to watch them. How do I get the movie from my tablet (the device it is downloading to) to something with more storage capacity. Where do I find the file to be able to transfer it, or what option is there in Anyplay to move the downloaded movie? I can't find the file anywhere in the tablet's drive, other than by opening the Anyplay app, and I don't see an option to copy or transfer it from there.

What you are asking is not possible. Movies downloaded to the device cannot be transferred. These videos also eventually expire and become no longer available even if they are downloaded.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation