Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

recordings in DVR manager not showing in app

Visitor

recordings in DVR manager not showing in app

this has been an ongoing issue to the point that i'm just going to see if there is a fix for it. looking at previous posts about this is doesn't seem like it's been fixed. a lot of my recordings are not displaying in the app but show in the DVR manager. this just happened again tonight (5/25) where two shows i recorded are not showing in the app. is there actually a fix for this or is this just going to be an ongoing issue? i would like to be able to access the content i recorded through the app.

Problem Solver

Re: recordings in DVR manager not showing in app

Do any of your recordings show up in the app?  Can you start a recording from the app, and see it in the app?

If some of your recordings are showing up in the app, but others are not, are the ones that don't show up in the app marked as "Not available for mobile viewing" on the physical DVR?  This message will be displayed if you pick the recording from the Recordings list on the DVR and select Info.

Visitor

Yes some of my recordings show in the app and the don't have the not for mobile viewing message on the dvr. I can start a recording from the appams see it. These recordings were set from the app.
New Poster

I, and it seems many others, seem to continually experience the same issue with no definitive answer from Xfinity across the many online forums with similar symptoms.  As with 'londonfalls', some of my recordings (not to be confused with scheduled recordings) show in the app and those that are missing, do not show the "Not available for mobile viewing" message on the DVR when setting a recording.  This also seems to be independant of any device I use the app from.  All other physical X1 boxes in the house do, however, show all recordings.

Problem Solver

The "Not available for mobile viewing" message doesn't show up when setting a recording, but it is sometimes in the "Info" when you look at the recording on the "Recording" list on the physical DVR.  Just pick a show that is on the DVR but not the app.

G650 wrote:

I, and it seems many others, seem to continually experience the same issue with no definitive answer from Xfinity across the many online forums with similar symptoms.  As with 'londonfalls', some of my recordings (not to be confused with scheduled recordings) show in the app and those that are missing, do not show the "Not available for mobile viewing" message on the DVR when setting a recording.  This also seems to be independant of any device I use the app from.  All other physical X1 boxes in the house do, however, show all recordings.

New Poster

That is also the point, on the physical X1 DVR the "Not available for mobile viewing" message is not seen when viewing the show from the "Recording" list on the physical DVR, including the "Info".  The mobile Xfinity TV apps were only mentioned as they are missing some recorded shows that are seen on the physical X1 boxes within the house.

Problem Solver

I have started to lose recordings on the Xfinity TV app as well after a few months of no problems.  Previously I would see the "Not available for mobile viewing" message on the missing recordings on the physical DVR, but it looks like Comcast got crafty and removed the message, but still haven't fixed the bug.  Sorry if I steered you wrong.  

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation