Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

recieving my cable channels while away from home

Regular Visitor

recieving my cable channels while away from home

I am an over the road truck driver and recently I heard that if I use both Comcast and Verizon I can recieve my cable programming on my laptop while on the road without incurring any data usage fees.

How do I go about doing this if it is true. I use my laptop on the road for many other things and can't afford to use my available data allowance for watching television.

Service Expert

Re: recieving my cable channels while away from home

danborem wrote:

I am an over the road truck driver and recently I heard that if I use both Comcast and Verizon I can recieve my cable programming on my laptop while on the road without incurring any data usage fees.

How do I go about doing this if it is true. I use my laptop on the road for many other things and can't afford to use my available data allowance for watching television.

while away you can watch completed recordings, much of the on-demand library, and the TV go channels. Data consumed is free if on Xfinity wifi hotspots, or on other open wifi (hotels, libraries, some restaurants) as well as your cell provider. my T-[name brand) is unlimited data as are many other carriers now. research unlimited use reviews by carrier.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This would be a real benefit and feature if the Stream App worked or could work. In cases where I am on the road and there is a Hurricane or grass fire, I need to see local TV news and not national news.  I was getting ready to fly into Houston right as Harvey was hitting landfall.  Wish I had seen the local TV News. One of my friends says even on the comcast/xfinity network all local TV and Sport are block. I even went to a Comcast office to see if their office network would let me Stream the local news. Nope. One would think that in 2017, connectivity and reliable information would be the state of the art, but no.  He says the only way to do this to buy a Slingbox unit and relay the signal to another app on my ipad.

Service Expert

RigDog wrote:

This would be a real benefit and feature if the Stream App worked or could work. In cases where I am on the road and there is a Hurricane or grass fire, I need to see local TV news and not national news.  I was getting ready to fly into Houston right as Harvey was hitting landfall.  Wish I had seen the local TV News. One of my friends says even on the comcast/xfinity network all local TV and Sport are block. I even went to a Comcast office to see if their office network would let me Stream the local news. Nope. One would think that in 2017, connectivity and reliable information would be the state of the art, but no.  He says the only way to do this to buy a Slingbox unit and relay the signal to another app on my ipad.

you can record local news and watch them when the recordings have finished without using slingbox. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation