Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"YourVideo will resume shortly"

Regular Visitor

"YourVideo will resume shortly"

is the repeated lie i keep seeing on my screen. of course, it never resumes I decided to watch in the flesh online because it just freezes into a bunch of green glitch and pixel mess if i try and watch on demand via television. In fact, most times i try to use on demand it does not work.. I gave up on the to go app too because it just shows commercials and goes back to main menu.. i miss when Comcast was the new kid on the block and valued service. Now i pay high rates, get frequent outages and this sort of thing is too common.
Regular Contributor

Re: "YourVideo will resume shortly"

There's a thread with other people complaining about the same thing here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Video-Freezes-amp-Will-Resume-Shortly/m-p/1651149#M23...

Several suggestions: try and watch directly from the networks own web site, are there any problems doing that or does playback work fine?

Check that your Flash version is the latest http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Try this https://forums.adobe.com/thread/695456

Try and use the Adobe Flash uninstaller http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html to uninstall and reinstall Flash.

If you are using Internet Explorer, try FireFox or Chrome.

If all else fails send a private message to one of the Comcast support people; provide as much information about your problem as possible; what's shows you're having problems with; that streaming works from the network site but fails on the Xfinity site (or not); what browsers you've tried; what version of Flash you're using; every piece of data could help point to the problem.

- Norm

Contributor

My problems watching anything online started about 3 weeks ago. I've had error messages that comast couldn't even figure out. That was resolved by comcast resetting my account. Then I got the 517 error which i of course did the flash uninstall/install. Then I found out i was no longer the primary person and had no permissions to do anything. After resolving that problem I found that the only networks I can watch online are 2,5,7,12. When I try and watch any premium, which I pay for, I get "Your video will resume shortly". No errors, no nothing except the initial ads.

Its not my browser because i can watch some of the other networks.

I have a ticket open with comcast as they were able to duplicate my problem.

My belief is that this all started when they introduced the My Acct application.

Anyway, that's my problems and it's been very frustrating.

Thanks for listening.

Regular Visitor

Thanks. I have tried on multiple browsers. Flash is up to date and judging by other posts, blaming the user (browser, version of flash, etc) is just distraction to ignore the fact that the one thing they made sure worked is ads Stuff like this is one of the reasons piracy thrives. It's sad that it is easier for a person watching a pirated version of a show to watch than paying subscribers. Ironically there are less ads on the pirated versions. I doubt I will be able to watch Orphan Black anytime soon because the tv VOD is too choppy and web version just shows me same commercials and To Go App is the worst piece of software ever....but the ads work so all is good with Comcast I suppose. I miss the startup company that tried harder. When I first had Comcast back in '94 I would actually see credits ob my bill for outages I did not even know occurred. Now I get outages and broken features daily and bills that seem to escalate constantly. Monopolies suck for this very reason.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation