Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"We’re having trouble playing this recording."

Regular Visitor

"We’re having trouble playing this recording."

"We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program."

Getting this error lately for recordings. No way to tell if it will work or not until it's done recording. Can't mess with the settings, either, since Comcast apparently removed those options.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: "We’re having trouble playing this recording."

nelsrobl wrote:

"We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program."

Getting this error lately for recordings. No way to tell if it will work or not until it's done recording. Can't mess with the settings, either, since Comcast apparently removed those options.

Are you on your home network? Recording are only available after competed when off your home network.

Regular Visitor

Yes...

Bronze Problem Solver

nelsrobl wrote:

Yes...

Wifi or wired? If wifi, verify your not on your public wifi.

Regular Visitor

Can someone else help me?

Bronze Problem Solver

nelsrobl wrote:

Can someone else help me?

Can't diagnose the problem until we have the details of how its being used. Good luck

Frequent Visitor

I am having this same issue. It appears to only be with recording from 1/15 and later. I am able to play recordings from 1/14 and previous. However the recordings i have from 1/5 and on will not play and give the error: "We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program."

Happens on Chrome and Edge on my pc (away from home, wired connection) and i get them same error on my phone using wifi and cellular data.

Bronze Problem Solver

uhhhhman wrote:

I am having this same issue. It appears to only be with recording from 1/15 and later. I am able to play recordings from 1/14 and previous. However the recordings i have from 1/5 and on will not play and give the error: "We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program."

Happens on Chrome and Edge on my pc (away from home, wired connection) and i get them same error on my phone using wifi and cellular data.

Since the recordings that are causing trouble are from a given time period, its possible that the cloud storage your account is on may be having problems and the recordings are corrupted. Can you play any of these troubled recordings from your dvr (if you have one)?

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation