members

online now

discussions

"Update available"

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

What is this recent "update" for the xfinitytv website? Why would a webpage need me to update anything from my end? What exactly is your company trying to install on my computer? I could find no information about it online.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 4

Ca12 wrote:

What is this recent "update" for the xfinitytv website? Why would a webpage need me to update anything from my end? What exactly is your company trying to install on my computer? I could find no information about it online.

It is a minor update. You can just hit "Refresh" on your browser. There's nothing being installed on your computer.

We update the website with new features or bug fixes every couple/few weeks.  If you happen to be on the website when this happens, we provide this notice in case something new that was introduced breaks something old that you were already using.

The "Update" just refreshes your browser which you can do manually if you prefer.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 4

Below is a screen shot of what this looks like.  Comcast Dan, is this what you are talking about?  I called about it today and first and second level tech support knew nothing and I haven't clicked for fear it is a virus.  I have seen it only on tv.xfinity.com a few times in the past week or so.  It recurs after computer reboot.

If this is from xfinity/comcast, please update the graphic so it is more clear what the heck it is!  Like add "or refresh your browser" and something that indicates that this is actually from xfinity/comcast?

If this is not from you all, please let me know!  Thanks....

update available.jpg

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

poodlemom4 wrote:

Below is a screen shot of what this looks like.  Comcast Dan, is this what you are talking about?  I called about it today and first and second level tech support knew nothing and I haven't clicked for fear it is a virus.  I have seen it only on tv.xfinity.com a few times in the past week or so.  It recurs after computer reboot.

If this is from xfinity/comcast, please update the graphic so it is more clear what the heck it is!  Like add "or refresh your browser" and something that indicates that this is actually from xfinity/comcast?

If this is not from you all, please let me know!  Thanks....

update available.jpg

Yes, that is it. It should only appear when you are using the website when we push out new code (not when you reboot your computer). I'll pass the excellent feedback onto our design team about adding a graphic to make it more clear.  

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon