Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"This Video Cannot Be Played"

New Poster

"This Video Cannot Be Played"

When streaming video, playback keeps stopping and I receive this message: "This Video Cannot Be Played" with the numbers 8007 below...I cannot find this error code on your troubleshooting page, and it is happening with Chrome and Internet explorer. I have reset my modem and I have full signal for my wireless. The video will play for about 5 or so minutes and then stop and display the above message. 

Please advise on how this can be fixed.

Thank you.

New Poster

Re: "This Video Cannot Be Played"

I am having the same issue (with the same error number) on my laptop with windows 10 using firefox browser. I too have verified my connection, modem, bandwidth usage and CPU usage and tried different videos.

My 4 year old doesnt understand why he has to stop watching his show... please let us know.

New Poster

I'll pile on here as well.  Have been streaming without issue unitl TODAY.   Now, every station I attempt to stream stops after a (very) few minutes, with this same 8007 Error ("Video cannot be played" and "Sorry <station name> cannot be played"). 

Again just started - no issue at all previously; and, no change in system confirg, setting, hardware, router, security / firewall, etc. - the system & network here remain as they were before when all was fine. 

Config is:  Lenovo workstation with 24GB RAM, running System 7 Professional (all current SPs and updates), streaming via Firefox (all current), hardline into Xfinity modem / router.  Last speed test, just now shows 125 Mbps download & 12 Mbps upload.  No other services (NetFlix, AMZN, Hulu) struggling; and, everything else healthy and happy - just you folks gakking. 

Final note:  This really stinks folks.  Appreciate someone from Comcast weighing in and resolving.  

New Poster

everyone is getting

this message today because i have the same problem. They must getting ready to do away with online viewiing or there gonna start charging or i too am using firefox & that could be it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation