online now

discussions

"Streaming" with Xfinity is a Oximoron

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (129 Views)

"Streaming" with Xfinity is a Oximoron

Your Xfinity on the go stream is fatally flawed program.  I was trying to watch tv on laptoop because my HD has lost all signals (also Xfinity/Comcast) and after hours on line with customer service (one even hang up and then displayed her customer service by "breaking rules" to call me back Also, English is not her preference) Stream has been freezing up since first use. It started freezing with first use on for several minutes and then with no touch to laptop freezes for 1 min and you have to hit mouse or return to revive the show.  Went to freezing every 1min with 2min of frozen.  One show came back to only commercials back to back and never played the end of the program. The system even disconnected from home wifi - again without human assistance. Sunday there was a note that Xfinity was having trouble with live streaming!  Xfinity on demand is plagued with similar freezing. You can not simply select a channel to watch like CNN, you have to select a specific program which is often "not available" to stream.  If there were any other option available.....

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: "Streaming" with Xfinity is a Oximoron

smokeycontracts wrote:

Your Xfinity on the go stream is fatally flawed program.  I was trying to watch tv on laptoop because my HD has lost all signals (also Xfinity/Comcast) and after hours on line with customer service (one even hang up and then displayed her customer service by "breaking rules" to call me back Also, English is not her preference) Stream has been freezing up since first use. It started freezing with first use on for several minutes and then with no touch to laptop freezes for 1 min and you have to hit mouse or return to revive the show.  Went to freezing every 1min with 2min of frozen.  One show came back to only commercials back to back and never played the end of the program. The system even disconnected from home wifi - again without human assistance. Sunday there was a note that Xfinity was having trouble with live streaming!  Xfinity on demand is plagued with similar freezing. You can not simply select a channel to watch like CNN, you have to select a specific program which is often "not available" to stream.  If there were any other option available.....

Sorry you are having trouble. It sounds like the freezing and disconnecting from home-wifi may be related.  Are you connected via WiFi? Have you run a speed test to ensure your network is solid?

You can simply select a channel to watch like CNN - click the station logo instead of the program in the grid.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon