Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"In Home"

Visitor

"In Home"

I pay Comcast alot of money a year. Alot of people do. With that, I (we) should be able to watch what I (we) want, how I (we) want, where I (we) want.

So, Why can't I (we)?

I wanted to watch the NFL Fox Pregame on my Laptop since I just moved and I don't have my TV set up.

So, I go to the lovely XFinity Streaming Website, Click on Live TV, click on Fox....and I can only watch it 'InHome'.

I'm connected to my Home Network. And yet, I can't watch the TV Show.

Is this some kind of stupid thing with Fox? Because I couldn't even watch Fox News Sunday (not that I really wanted to). Why? Why? Why? This makes no sense! I should be able to watch whatever I want. It shouldn't matter what the platform is. I know the technology exists! 

It's 2017, not 1997.

I have a feeling Comcast will just give me a non-answer like. 'Well, you can watch all these other shows! ' and my answer to that is. 'I DON'T WANT TO WATCH THOSE OTHER SHOWS RIGHT NOW'

So, what gives? I've been with Comcast for years now, but I feel the more they progress, the more they figure out ways to tighten control. 'Oh. You can't watch this. You can only watch this on your TV. Ha ha, Dummy!' then they count the amount of money they made by not being able to provide this simple, easy service.

So, what's the answer? Anybody know? Because it's pretty irritating to know that I can't watch it anywhere except on the one place.

Official Employee

Re: "In Home"

SqueeMun wrote:

I pay Comcast alot of money a year. Alot of people do. With that, I (we) should be able to watch what I (we) want, how I (we) want, where I (we) want.

So, Why can't I (we)?

I wanted to watch the NFL Fox Pregame on my Laptop since I just moved and I don't have my TV set up.

So, I go to the lovely XFinity Streaming Website, Click on Live TV, click on Fox....and I can only watch it 'InHome'.

I'm connected to my Home Network. And yet, I can't watch the TV Show.

Is this some kind of stupid thing with Fox? Because I couldn't even watch Fox News Sunday (not that I really wanted to). Why? Why? Why? This makes no sense! I should be able to watch whatever I want. It shouldn't matter what the platform is. I know the technology exists! 

It's 2017, not 1997.

I have a feeling Comcast will just give me a non-answer like. 'Well, you can watch all these other shows! ' and my answer to that is. 'I DON'T WANT TO WATCH THOSE OTHER SHOWS RIGHT NOW'

So, what gives? I've been with Comcast for years now, but I feel the more they progress, the more they figure out ways to tighten control. 'Oh. You can't watch this. You can only watch this on your TV. Ha ha, Dummy!' then they count the amount of money they made by not being able to provide this simple, easy service.

So, what's the answer? Anybody know? Because it's pretty irritating to know that I can't watch it anywhere except on the one place.

Local broadcast networks are generally not available out of the home because stations are owned by affiliates. We do have deals with ABC and NBC in the markets where the networks own the stations (called "owned and operated" stations). We don't yet have a similar deal with FOX.  Even if we did, it is highly likely that NFL would block access to their programming when out of home. 

Believe me, we very much want zero difference between in-home and out of home but the rights are complex and nobody has solved this yet at any company on all stations.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation