Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"In Home Only" on PC when I am home??

New Poster

"In Home Only" on PC when I am home??

I keep coming across this notification when I am on Xfinity.com and want to watch programs. I am home and on my PC.  I prefer to stream online over On Demand because I have my favorites saved on the PC.  It tells me that shows are "available to watch in home only" and when I click info it tells me to go to TV Go settings.  I don't have those settings on my PC.  I don't watch from my phone. I AM home. So why can't I watch what says can be viewed "in home only"? I don't use Comcast as my internet provider.  I only use it as my cable and online viewing... when I can watch the shows.  Usually I go to individual websites to watch those that say "in home only" but I shouldn't have to.  That's why I have a list.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: "In Home Only" on PC when I am home??

Shutterbug22 wrote:

I keep coming across this notification when I am on Xfinity.com and want to watch programs. I am home and on my PC.  I prefer to stream online over On Demand because I have my favorites saved on the PC.  It tells me that shows are "available to watch in home only" and when I click info it tells me to go to TV Go settings.  I don't have those settings on my PC.  I don't watch from my phone. I AM home. So why can't I watch what says can be viewed "in home only"? I don't use Comcast as my internet provider.  I only use it as my cable and online viewing... when I can watch the shows.  Usually I go to individual websites to watch those that say "in home only" but I shouldn't have to.  That's why I have a list.

You can't watch shows marked "In-Home" because you don't use Comcast as your internet provider. It's not really whether your home or not its should say "on your comcast network". Comcast believes all their subscribers are using all their services.

New Poster

Well I am a comcast internet subsriber.  I have the same dang problem, whenever it says In home only, and i am in my home, on wifie or directly plugged into the cable modem, in cannot access in home only streaming vids.  Bunk, bunk, Bunk!!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver

dice57 wrote:

Well I am a comcast internet subsriber.  I have the same dang problem, whenever it says In home only, and i am in my home, on wifie or directly plugged into the cable modem, in cannot access in home only streaming vids.  Bunk, bunk, Bunk!!!!!

Your case is different, first thing to check is your cable modem. Go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices and verify the serial number listed for your cable modem matches the mac address listed on your cable modem. If it doesn't, call support and notify them.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation