Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"Device Name" Requested When Watching TV on my Computer?

Regular Contributor

"Device Name" Requested When Watching TV on my Computer?

Everytime I go to tv.xfinity.com to watch live TV I encounter the same three screens: 1) Sign In (Even though it says I'm already signed in!); 2) Agree to Xfinity Terms and Conditions; 3) Enter device name.

#3 is what I am questioning. At first I would enter a realistic device name that I could remember. However I don’t think that the device names are actually saved anywhere because the next time I sign in it asks me for a device name again. I can't find any listing of my device names (except my X1 boxes naturally). Nothing showing what I named my computer the previous time. So now when it asks for a device name I just slap a few fingers on the keyboard and whatever letters happen to end up in the form box is the "device name" for that session. Different garbled letters every time.

Is the xfinity server supposed to be saving these device names? If so, where can I access them? At this point xfinity must think I have about 50 devices with add garbled names!

Thanks!

Jim

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: "Device Name" Requested When Watching TV on my Computer?

J-Mac wrote:

Everytime I go to tv.xfinity.com to watch live TV I encounter the same three screens: 1) Sign In (Even though it says I'm already signed in!); 2) Agree to Xfinity Terms and Conditions; 3) Enter device name.

#3 is what I am questioning. At first I would enter a realistic device name that I could remember. However I don’t think that the device names are actually saved anywhere because the next time I sign in it asks me for a device name again. I can't find any listing of my device names (except my X1 boxes naturally). Nothing showing what I named my computer the previous time. So now when it asks for a device name I just slap a few fingers on the keyboard and whatever letters happen to end up in the form box is the "device name" for that session. Different garbled letters every time.

Is the xfinity server supposed to be saving these device names? If so, where can I access them? At this point xfinity must think I have about 50 devices with add garbled names!

Thanks!

Jim

Is your browser set to delete cookies???

Regular Contributor

Yes, it's on Chrome and all cookies are accepted. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Oops. No, cookies are not deleted. Yes, cookies are accepted.
Bronze Problem Solver

J-Mac wrote:
Oops. No, cookies are not deleted. Yes, cookies are accepted.

Is it set to clear cache?

Regular Contributor

Not sure about the cache, but why would that matter as long as ookies are accepted? Who saves ID details in the cache?
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation