Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

premium content won't play

Regular Visitor

premium content won't play

I've only tried movies on HBO, but for the last two days i've gotten nothing.  It acts like it is going to load and play, and then nothing just a black screen.  It seems this is a common problem this week.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: premium content won't play

I've been having the same problem with HBO... its pretty frustrating.  Don't bother calling them to find out why because they will just tell  you oh its not hmm not sure why.... 

Official Employee

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect:

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Any HBO video will not work and I subscribed to it.

Official Employee

wyants108 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect:

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Any HBO video will not work and I subscribed to it.

Try using Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers and see if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 39305 My Cable Provider: Comcast Meridian Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 76.107.250.163 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; BOIE9;ENUSMSCOM) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

dawks wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 39305 My Cable Provider: Comcast Meridian Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 76.107.250.163 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; BOIE9;ENUSMSCOM) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

We just sent out a fix for IE9. Please try playing videos again and let me know if it works.

If it doesn't, try using Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers and see if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down the issue. If it does work in these browsers, then we know there is something wrong with the IE9 fix.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

This fix you mentioned having just sent out for IE9, is it something that we will need to download and run, or will it attempt to load automatically when we start Xfinity?

Official Employee

dawks wrote:

This fix you mentioned having just sent out for IE9, is it something that we will need to download and run, or will it attempt to load automatically when we start Xfinity?

The fix was suppose to be a behind the scenes thing where you wouldn't even have noticed but it obviously did not work.

Our team is still looking into this issue.

If you could, please go to this thread and post your Shift+L output so we can further look into it.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have the same problem. Was there a fix? Comcast told me it was my problem.

New Poster

Yes, I got the same answer from them too for the same issue.  If I didn't like Direct TV, Comast would be history!

New Poster

I use internet explorer and premium channels won't play. I read somewhere that if you use Google chrome browser to get to xfinity it will work. I tried this and it does work now. But Comcast needs to get on the ball and take some responsibility. I took me a week to figure this out on my own!

Regular Visitor

Thank You brewha! I have not been able to watch my premium content for 2 days, and now thanks to you I can.

If Comcast/Xfinity is going to make changes that only allow their content to be played on certain browsers, they should at least let their customers know.

Regular Visitor

BTW, I used to watch the online on demand on Safari, and then that stopped working. Then, for a long time, I watched the videos on Firefox, until that stopped working. Now it's Google Chrome...

Official Employee

Lex5 wrote:

Thank You brewha! I have not been able to watch my premium content for 2 days, and now thanks to you I can.

If Comcast/Xfinity is going to make changes that only allow their content to be played on certain browsers, they should at least let their customers know.

It was posted as a sticky on the top of this board. Here is the thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have the exact same issue but with google chrome. Nothing will play. 

It acts like it's going to load, even plays the commercial before hand, then it just says it's buffering... forever. and never actually loads and just shows a black screen.

this has been going on for weeks not.

New Poster

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.101.177.114 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.101 Safari/537.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2655 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Dec 22 2012 21:40:15 GMT-0500 (EST) Server Clock Time: Sat Dec 22 2012 21:40:16 GMT-0500 (EST)

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Cq, Cu, Au, Bv, B, U, C, Br, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, Cv, Bz, Bm, Co, Bl, Bp, Bo, J, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

northtosouth wrote:

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.101.177.114 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.101 Safari/537.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2655 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Dec 22 2012 21:40:15 GMT-0500 (EST) Server Clock Time: Sat Dec 22 2012 21:40:16 GMT-0500 (EST)

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Cq, Cu, Au, Bv, B, U, C, Br, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, Cv, Bz, Bm, Co, Bl, Bp, Bo, J, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

What specific video(s) are you trying to watch? Please send me the links so I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.