Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

premium content not viewable

Frequent Visitor

premium content not viewable

Receiving black screen after promo for all premium content online- able to play other online content. What is the problem? Started Thursday 12/8

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: premium content not viewable

I am having he same problem. First it gave me error 4007, Now it just stays on the parental control screen. I just watched HBO on Monday through my lap top, now nothing.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Last night (12/8) at around 6:00 PM EST, we were having some video playback problems. When trying to watch a video, a 4007 or a 4014 error would appear. This issue is now resolved though and videos are playing correctly.

Please try playing the video again. If you are still having issues, please try clearing your cookies and cache.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Cleared cookies cache, rebooted still no expensive premium viewing available. What next?

Official Employee

3betty wrote:

Cleared cookies cache, rebooted still no expensive premium viewing available. What next?

What error message are you getting when trying to watch videos?

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Premium channels stop loading at black screen with parental controls prompt

tMy Zip Code:01748My Cable Provider:Comcast Hopkinton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:My public IP address:75.69.221.19My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.0My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; BRI/2; Creative ZENcast v2.01.01)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.0 r1Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script> enabled

Cookies:enabled

Frequent Visitor

showtime working now    I will come back if other channels not responding

Contributor

HBO not working for me.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 48170 My Cable Provider: Comcast Canton Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 76.122.135.165 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script> enabled Cookies: enabled

Contributor

Another day and still no HBO through my lap top. I can see network shows so it can't be on my end. It's just HBO. It stays on the parental control screen and never connects. I have been watching HBO sucessfully and it just stopped this week. Any ideas? Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Able to view hbo sho bbc on laptop last night but to my surprise not able to view premium content on notebook this am. Where is Joe when you need him?  I'm patient but this is unacceptable

New Poster

Same issues as everybody else, even updated Silverlight, HBO just goes to black after the little HBO ad....

Contributor

Are you there Comcast Joe???? Please don't make me call and try to get anyone to understand the problem. I am not disconnecting my router and putting the cable directly into my computer ever again. The fault is always  Comcast and they make you go through a check list every time even when you explain the problem is on their end.  I can see HBO on Demand through the cable box, I can see Network TV shows but still no HBO through my computer which I use when on my treadmill...getting very cranky!

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem.  Says it is getting authorization and then just stas stuck at screen saying the program is TV-MA.  Cleared cache and cookies.  This is a laptop problem.

Frequent Visitor

Also have the same problem with Starz.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem everyone else trying to watch content from my computer. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Frequent Visitor

When I click on that link that you suggested to get the info you wanted to paste into the message, is it supposed to automatically give me the right info?  Because it shows a Philadelphia zip code and i live in Colorado.

Regular Visitor

Same problem here. Either stuck on the parental controls screen, or I get passed that and get stuck on a blank screen. I've only tried HBO but thats all I'm interested in at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

Do all of you have Parental Controls enabled?

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue. Then tell me what browser you using, what browser you tested and if it worked.

Also, please tell me you TV Rating Locks, Movie Rating locks, and Network Locks.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

No parental controls or locks of any kind. I tried Safari last week and it wasn't compatible. Tonight I downloaded Chrome and voila! HBO worked. Funny that IE 9 worked for a long time and just stopped last week when you found Comcast was having  a problem. Whatever the fix, it didn't work with IE 9.

Frequent Visitor

No locks or controls ever used or changed. Can it be a comcast problem and not ours?

New Poster

Same thing here....  Never changed a thing and HBO hasn't worked on my laptop for the past week....  Help?????

Official Employee

3betty, spc823, and maybe other Internet Explorer users,

You may be running your browser in 64-bit mode. Here is a list of operating systems/browser combinations that videos will work in 64-bit mode:

Window 7 Service Pack 1/IE9

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1/IE8 and IE9

If your specifications do not match the one’s above, then you must run Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode.

To run your browser in 32-bit mode:

1. Right click on the desktop.

2. Click on New, and then click on Shortcut.

3. Once you click on Shortcut, you will get a box as Type the location of the item.

4. Type the following command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

5. Click next and finish the process.

Now you can run Internet Explorer in 32-bit. Just double-click the shortcut you created to open IE in 32-bit mode.

Note: No versions of Internet Explorer are compatible with any versions of Mac.

spc823, you can follow the steps above or go here to learn how to download Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.

Let me know the results.

All other users who are having video playback issues, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:76.25.32.252My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; BRI/1)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled

Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:67.173.227.163My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:10.1 r85Javascript&colon;

<script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>

enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Boss/172516/2164704566/Ep-105---Remembered/videos

I checked whether I had the right system for 64 bit and I did.

New Poster

isn't it possible that the problem is on Comcast's end? I ask this for the following reasons:

1 )I have been wirelessly streaming premium content movies for months w/out a problem and then suddenly on Friday was unable to do so and still unable. At the time that the problem developed, I had made no changes to my computer operating programs, security software, internet options, etc.

2) I am able to view movies from other internet sources and can view non-premium content and network programming from the xfinity tv site without a problem.

3) I selected a non-premium movie from the xfinitytv site and was instantly able to wirelessly stream and view it. I then stopped the movie, returned to the movies category, selected a premium movie and once again the screen locked up on the parental control page.

Regular Visitor

Was using internet explorer, switched to google chrome, still doesn't work. Tried the IE 32 bit thing, doesn't work.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Try updating to Silverlight 5. Go here to download it:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I started a new thread above, before reading this one...  Sorry for that.  I am having the same problem everyone else is.  Also was able to watch these channels (and other episodes of the same show - I'm trying to watch Homeland at the moment) last week.  Suddenly I am not able to.  It locks up on the parental control screen, as the other customers have indicated.  Here's what I've tried so far:

Using a different browser.

Updated Silverlight to v5

Cleared all IE temp files, history, cookies and web forum information.

Downloaded the latest updates from Microsoft.

Nothing worked.

Here is the info from the link you asked us to go to:

My Zip Code: 97217

My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital

My myDVR Manager Status: activated

My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect:Unknown  

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.2)

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0

My flash version: 11.1 r102

Javascript&colon; enabled

Cookies: enabled

I do not have parental controls or any other controls or locks in place.  And I am able to watch other channels....  Only having trouble with the premiums..... 

I must say that I agree with tracker01....  This cannot be a problem on our end.  Only the premium channels are affected and so many of us are experiencing the exact same problem with a sudden onset.

Thank you for your support....

Frequent Visitor

So I tried to download Silverlight 5 and it failed with this message:

Message ID: 1622

The installation log file could not be written. Verify that the Temp folder exists and that you can write to it.

I don't know what temp folder it is referring to.  The temp folder in Windows exists and I think I can write to it. 

Has this worked for anyone else.  And if so, did if fix the viewing issue?

New Poster

Having exactly the same issues and went thorugh many of the same including trying google chrome (worked last night but then not tonight). 

installing and reinstalling silverlight 5

clearing cache, cookies, brownies and any other dessert sounding internet device

playback stalls out on either the parental control screen (parental controls disabled) or the HBO advertisement for any and all HBO show. Showtime had similar issues. Network tv seemed to work

My Zip Code:17050My Cable Provider:ComcastMy myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box Names:Basement DVR, Family RoomMy Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:Not InstalledMy public IP address:99.22.1.129My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript&colon;EnabledCookies:Enabled

Frequent Visitor

Fnally got Silverlight to install, still the same problem.  Never startts playing the video.  Problem with HBO, Starz and AMC (Heck on Wheels)

Posting software wouldn't let me use HE double toothpicks in the AMC title above.

Frequent Visitor

I didn't do anything and all videos now playing on laptop, my notebook was having the same difficulties but I will check it on Monday. Very strange to have capabilities just return.......

Official Employee

I tested videos on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac 10.6 and found no issues using Firefox 8.0. The "This video is rated MA" screen but it is quickly passing by it.

What specific HBO videos are you reffering to? I tested Heck on Wheels, Homeland, Dexter, Entourage, True Blood, Boss.

Do you guys have any anti-vrus software installed?

Also, many of you are IE9 users on Windows 7. Please make sure you are using Silverlight 5 or have Service Pack 1 installed.

If you haven't already, please try watching videos in Firefox 8. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same issue as everyone else - was watching Showtime's Homeland on my computer just fine until a week or so ago.  I'm able to view the promo commercial right before the episode, but then the screen goes black when the episode is supposed to start.  Have IE9 and already have Silverlight 5.  Able to access my Showtime on my TV just fine with no problems.  HELP!

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:76.212.12.55My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.0My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; yie9)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript&colon;enabled

Frequent Visitor

So let's go with a little history.  Fine looking at Boardwalk Empire, Boss and Heck on Wheels until approximately a week ago.  Then, between one show and another at around 7:30 in the morning, I couldn't watch them anymore.  I've installed Silverlight 5 and cleared cache, etc. still no dice.  This is on my laptop using a wireless connection to my router.  I can watch these videos on my desktop which is wired to the router.  Can't use it to work out down in the basement so would like some help.  I've pasted my info using Joe's link but will paste again in next message and then go to my desktop to do the same thing.

Frequent Visitor

Okay now I am on my desktop but when I click on Joe's link, it shows me in Philadelphia and I'm in Colorado so not good info.  Saw the same on my laptop.

Regular Visitor

For what it is worth - I was having the same problems as others; seeing the pre-roll but videos not loading.  Updated Silverlight on 2 computers.  The computer running Windows XP and IE 8 seems to be working.  The computer running Windows 7 and IE9 does not work.  Installed Firefox 8 on the Windows 7 machine this evening and videos seem to be loading.  Sounds like a problem with IE9.

New Poster

my premium content has not been working for about four days now. the screen is just black.

New Poster

I had the same problem, but tonight I updated Silverlight and still could not get the premium movies using Google Chrome.  But--I could get them via IE9!  Hope it lasts.

New Poster

Sorry--I should have cited IE8!

Official Employee

markwebster & Rubyfox,

Have you tried Firefox 8 yet? If so, what were the results. As I said, this is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

marij,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Since Xfinity help has been useless, I went to hbogo.com and registered there, and everything works just fine! Go try it everybody!!!!!

Regular Visitor

Got firefox and it works now. Hope this helps everyone

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 21703 My Cable Provider: Comcast Frederick Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 76.100.116.221 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript&colon; Enabled Cookies: Enabled

Frequent Visitor

No Showtime on iPad or on Crome browser. It is working on IE browser.

New Poster

The Mozilla FireFox browser works like a charm.... but how long will it last?  Will it start going black after several episodes like IE9?  Is there a fix in the works for the IE9 problem?

Frequent Visitor

I downloaded Firefox but and signed into the xfinity website but it says I don't have a subscription to Starz or HBO.  I do and so what's next?

New Poster

This is Ridiculous.... What am I paying for?. IE-9 doesn't work, so I switched to Google Chrome and it worked for 2 days.....I want my premium content....  Its on the Xfinity end.....  NOT MINE!!!!!! GET IT FIXED!!!!!!

Official Employee

dsteg: Try installing the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight (version 5) and then try watching videos again:

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight

Also, did you try using another web browser to see if it works?

borstl533: Are you trying to watch videos through the Xfinity TV App or through Safari on your iPad? You can only watch videos through the app. Please install it if you are not using it.

It sounds like there is something in Chrome blocking videos from playing for you. Try disabling any ad-blockers add-ons and extensions and let me know if it works.

RubyFox: For IE9, try installing the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight (version 5) and then try watching videos again:

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight

Also try disabling any ad blocking add-ons in IE and try running it in 32-bit if you are not already.

markwebster: Is your sign in working on other browsers and just not Firefox?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Well as I anticipated, got my notebook back and premium content not playable. Where shall I start comcast Joe? My laptop still running all content with no changes on my part.