Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

poof goes encore plus other movies

Regular Visitor

poof goes encore plus other movies

Some movies work and some dont, This is the message I get When trying to watch a movie

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I'm running Vista on IE9, And I am trying to find the "upgrade" download but It's no where to be found. Could I get a little help here.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: poof goes encore plus other movies

jmcquadesr wrote:

Some movies work and some dont, This is the message I get When trying to watch a movie

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I'm running Vista on IE9, And I am trying to find the "upgrade" download but It's no where to be found. Could I get a little help here.

I am sorry but IE9, 64-bit is not compatible with Xfinitytv.com videos.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 10.0

If you could please private message me your Shift+L output it would be greatly appreciated. Please go here to learn how.

Follow this thread for updates: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: poof goes encore plus other movies

IE is my default browser, And by windows default, It can not open IE in 64 bit IF it is the default, It opens as 32 bit. As I said before some movies played and others did not. but one thing I did come across Before i had to head out was something to do with my Silver Light 5. So It has me wondering if there has been a update for the xfinity player to accept the use of Silver Light 5 and my machine is not taking this update.

So I was wondering now, Where can I download of get a version check of my current xfinity player?

Through a little pooking around I came across a fix on your site that has appered to work and that was closing my "browser's" i currently had opened, Went to

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady" and deleted "mspr.hds"

Reopened my browser and now the movie plays.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation