Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,808,952

members

14

online now

1,954,682

discussions

Top

plays tv show but no movies

Frequent Visitor

plays tv show but no movies

cannot play back movies only tv shows. tried all suggested tips sucha s removing silverlight ad adobe and reinstalling and looking for a file named mtps,hd to delete from hard drive and it wasnt there and also made sure enablee box was checked in the silverlight program....any other suggestions for getting movies to play??

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: plays tv show but no movies


006900 wrote:

cannot play back movies only tv shows. tried all suggested tips sucha s removing silverlight ad adobe and reinstalling and looking for a file named mtps,hd to delete from hard drive and it wasnt there and also made sure enablee box was checked in the silverlight program....any other suggestions for getting movies to play??


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Also, are any error messages appearing when trying to watch videos?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: plays tv show but no movies

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:76.110.64.121My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SearchToolbar 1.2; BTRS121932; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.2 r202Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Frequent Visitor

Re: plays tv show but no movies

dont have urls for the videos....they are on the comcast website???? Why all this just to get some help.??? Starting to think comcast just cant live up to the customer service reputation that would like to obtain. Have not been able to watch ANY movies on comcast.com ALL of them will not play. I do not get an error code. It says sorry cannot play try to refresh the page. I see that alot of others are having the same issues with unsuccessful results. What do we need to do to resolve this issue other than asking everyone to copy some info psge into the thread?????? Are you not a comcast representative?? Can you not look up the reqested info to help your customers? This issue has been ongoing and my numerous attempts at a resolve have all been futile. Please advise as to a REAL fix for this issue please.

Official Employee

Re: plays tv show but no movies


006900 wrote:

dont have urls for the videos....they are on the comcast website???? Why all this just to get some help.??? Starting to think comcast just cant live up to the customer service reputation that would like to obtain. Have not been able to watch ANY movies on comcast.com ALL of them will not play. I do not get an error code. It says sorry cannot play try to refresh the page. I see that alot of others are having the same issues with unsuccessful results. What do we need to do to resolve this issue other than asking everyone to copy some info psge into the thread?????? Are you not a comcast representative?? Can you not look up the reqested info to help your customers? This issue has been ongoing and my numerous attempts at a resolve have all been futile. Please advise as to a REAL fix for this issue please.


Your subject suggests that some videos do work. Can you give me an example of one video that does not work and one video that does. I ask because I want to see if the issue is on our end or just something on your computer needs to be tweaked.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: plays tv show but no movies

wow!!!!! I cant believe i have to give you the exact names of the shows that wont play??? seriously??? I have mentioned a few times now that TV shows will play....such as all network shows.....and no movies....such as those on showtime or hbo.... I cant belive how unfriendly comcast customer service is after all those stinking commercials flooding my tv every stinking second. WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL!!!!

IF I play covert affairs on my computer it works but if i try a movie....any full length movie...it will not play. NONE of them...i tried a bunch at random and NOTHING. I really dont expect any of you know what your doing or this problem would have been solved by now. Since this is such a huge issue for you I will be cancelling my service with comcast. Very disappointed in your customer service and you inability to solve this issue in a tiomely manner. Tired of paying for a service that you DO NOT provide! The exact program should make no matter as I have previously stated NONE of the movies are playing.

Official Employee

Re: plays tv show but no movies


006900 wrote:

wow!!!!! I cant believe i have to give you the exact names of the shows that wont play??? seriously??? I have mentioned a few times now that TV shows will play....such as all network shows.....and no movies....such as those on showtime or hbo.... I cant belive how unfriendly comcast customer service is after all those stinking commercials flooding my tv every stinking second. WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL!!!!

IF I play covert affairs on my computer it works but if i try a movie....any full length movie...it will not play. NONE of them...i tried a bunch at random and NOTHING. I really dont expect any of you know what your doing or this problem would have been solved by now. Since this is such a huge issue for you I will be cancelling my service with comcast. Very disappointed in your customer service and you inability to solve this issue in a tiomely manner. Tired of paying for a service that you DO NOT provide! The exact program should make no matter as I have previously stated NONE of the movies are playing.


I asked for specific shows because a show like Covert Affairs uses the Flash Player and HBO and Showtime content uses Silverlight technology. The issue you are having is with the Silverlight Player.

 

Try uninstalling Silverlight from your computer and then try installing it again. Go here to see how:

 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/troubleshoot-xfinity-tv-videos/#er

 

Also, are you on a wired or wireless internet connection?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: plays tv show but no movies

I did follow those instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight....believe me when I tel you I have tried ALL of the comcast suggestions to no avail!!!! AGAIN...this is why we just keep repeating ourselves here....if you would actually read through my posts you would quit asking the same questions....i just dont understand the line of questioning and why days later and numerous communications I am still writting about this issue....it really should have been handled by now for crying out loud already.

comcast is just proving to me over and over that there really cannot handle the level of service that is proclaimed. very dissatisfifed!!!

Official Employee

Re: plays tv show but no movies


006900 wrote:

I did follow those instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight....believe me when I tel you I have tried ALL of the comcast suggestions to no avail!!!! AGAIN...this is why we just keep repeating ourselves here....if you would actually read through my posts you would quit asking the same questions....i just dont understand the line of questioning and why days later and numerous communications I am still writting about this issue....it really should have been handled by now for crying out loud already.

comcast is just proving to me over and over that there really cannot handle the level of service that is proclaimed. very dissatisfifed!!!


Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If you are not getting an error code, it may be a connection issue.

 

Can you also tell me the exact wording of the message that appears when a video does not start?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: plays tv show but no movies

You just dont stop! How ignorant at this point!!! I TOLD YOU what the message said already.....read the post...can you read??? I just dont understand how you all can be so coo coo bird crazy over there! WHat a bunch of ding dongs! just stop replying to this because you are obviously incompetent. I have never had to conduct such repeated conversations with a customer service department in all my life. Comcast should be ashamed of themselves...instead of shoving those proud prices down our throats only to aggravate us with those dang commercials full of crappy lies. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! I cant believe they pay you to chat back and forth asking the same already answered question......ugh.....got a job for me?????

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 650 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation