Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

playback issue 8001

New Poster

playback issue 8001

Hello, im trying to watch my DVR from a ipad in a hotel room. It was working but all the sudden im getting a Playback:::8001 message. How do I fix this problem?

It can not access the video stream. I have internet, I went to youtube to test the connection.

thanks

Matt

Frequent Visitor

Re: playback issue 8001

Glad to finally see a post about this error. Unfortunately, I've experienced so many issues with my services, it's ridiculous. I have also frequently experienced Ipad "Playback Issue:: 8001" ("We're sorry, but we are not able to access this video stream. Please try another channel or program"). I have the X1 Platform service (Technically, the X2 Platform as DVR recordings are also saved on the Cloud in my market) -- In my case, this 8001 error mostly occurs with recordings which are saved on the cloud but no longer exist on my actual DVR (I've had countless receiver/equipment replacements) - While most of these errors are occurring for programs not currently on my DVR; I've also noticed on occasion that there have been 8001 Playback Errors with programs that do exist concurrently on my current DVR.

The error appears to be directly related to Apple/IPad devices, however, upon trying to access those same 8001 Error recordings on Android devices resulted in an error of it's own as follows: "Unhandled error:: 106000 Something has gone wrong". 

I'd like to think the Comcast®/Xfinity™ Web/Mobile/Application Team will investigate and correct the issue, but my previous experiences keep me from being hopeful....

New Poster

I'm continually having this problem, and all sorts of other playback errors.

New Poster

Has anyone else noticed that this might be happening only on certain channels or programs?  I wanted to watch a recorded soccer game on my ipad while I worked out and it wouldn't work... got the playback error 8001 message, but then it would let me watch all the other shows on my DVR.  I wonder if it's on purpose, blocking certain programs... or channels.

New Poster

Got same issue but other soccer game on same channel plays fine on ipad

want to see if will play on cable box when i get home

Problem Solver

Hello Loizosko,

I will need to send some signals to troubleshoot your equipment that may interrupt services. What would be a good time of day to do this?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I've got an android and I'm getting the same error. I'm also getting an error saying that I have to watch it on a mobile device. I've uninstall/reinstalled and I'm still getting errors. I'm so sick of Comcast.
Problem Solver

Hello Katie2772,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Admin1

Katie2772 -- When are you seeing this error? Is this happening during Live content, On Demand content, or recorded shows?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Up to date app. Reset app Uninstaller reinstalled. This is when watching a recorded show. I have a galaxy s7 edge. I was watching my dvr show America's got Talent I went to put my son to bed and then when I opened it again to continue the show I am now getting this error for all dvr shows. Live TV is working I am at home and on my home WiFi.
Screenshot_20160804-225522.png
New Poster

I have the same error myself, but then I turned on background data refresh in the app settings, and that seemed to fix it. This was on iOS, not sure how that would apply to Android.
New Poster

Go to settings on the app and choose "use your cellular data "
New Poster

I have this issue on a variety of channels that I previously had accessed just a week ago, now I get the error on all my recordings.

Contributor

I am getting this error on a ton of my cloud recordings. Only since the Stream upgrade.
IMG_4121.PNG
New Poster

I'm having this same issue with my Ipad and desktop trying to watch my recorded DVR Shows....this is getting very frustrating and has been happening now for a few weeks. I've even had to go to the actually website like cbs, abc to watch the shows even Hulu sometimes. Why have this service if it doesn't work!!!!! Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue. I get the 8001 error on many shows and also encounter a lot of time missing off the shows that are working.

New Poster

Well I received a call from a Tier 3 rep and basically I have lost all my recordings prior to late Feb.  They are on my DVR and show up on my IOS but will not play. (Dreaded 8001 error)  There is no way to recover.  

New Poster

I'm also getting this playback issue :: 8001 error- and I get it fairly regularly, regardless of whether I'm connected to my Comcast internet at home or attempting to view on mobile data. It happens with both my iPhone and my wife's iPhone, with our iPad, and with an android device my mother owns. And when I get the 8001 error for an episode, that's it. I can never get it to play that episode on a mobile device. Restarting the app doesn't work, neither does restarting the device. Trying to wait it out and give it another try later never works, nor does starting another saved episode of the same show, or a different one, then going back to the episode I'm attempting to view. Once I get that 8001 error, that episode is just oddly, permanently unavailable on a mobile device, though it will work on the cable box when viewed on the TV. 

Another, and more infuriating, issue I experience nearly every time I try to watch a recorded show from a mobile device is having a show description read that the episode I'm looking at is, correctly, 67 minutes long, but when I start the show (if I don't get the playback issue 8001) the episode length then immediately and inexplicably shortens to anywhere between 3 minutes and 17 minutes, give or take a few minutes- though I don't know that I can recall it ever being longer than 17 minutes. Again, once this issue occurs- that's it... nothing I do will restore the rest of the program on a mobile device, though, as with the 8001 error, it works just fine on the TV. 

Any help would be appreciated- but please keep in mind I've already attempted to restart and reset all the apps and the hardware involved, including the cable box, the iPad and iPhones, the android device, and the modem/wifi router. 

Thanks in advance for your attention to these really, seriously irritating problems.

New Poster

I am having the same issue with my iPad, trying to watch recorded episodes still on my dvr of American Gods. It worked fine for the first 5 episodes, but now I cannot stream anything through the iPad, gets this same error every time. Am on my home Wifi.
New Poster

This is happening on my Android phone in the XFINITY Stream app when I try to play something I recorded on the DVR.

Regular Visitor

I can stream other things on the iPad but American Gods, which I previously watched a few days ago, gives a subscription error!?! yet I can stream live STARZ on the iPad?!?

Regular Visitor

BTW: same issue trying to stream on computer.  American Gods does not even appear in the Shows list when I search (not found)

valentbr wrote:

I can stream other things on the iPad but American Gods, which I previously watched a few days ago, gives a subscription error!?! yet I can stream live STARZ on the iPad?!?

Regular Visitor

I couldn't access local channel live TV but when I switched to the same channel in HD I didn't get the error msg 8001
New Poster

So, does Comcast/Xfinity not care that this is happening to us or what?

New Poster

Got this error message for the first time tonight. Beyond p'd at Comcast. EVERY week since new install last month I've had to call them for some problem. NOTHING COMPARES TO Verizon FiOS!!! (FiOS isn't available in my new town)
Screenshot_2017-07-26-22-18-19.png
Screenshot_2017-07-26-22-18-19.png
Official Employee

Hi WilliamTheBruce and Fkomkast, if you're still receiving this error message please uninstall the app and the install it again. If you're streaming directly from our website and get this error please log out and try another browser, if you don't have another browser please clear your cache and cookies and then sign back in. Error 8001 means somewhere in the system an entitlement code isn't being read correctly. Refreshing your device or app will help clear up this problem. If you still see this error please reach out to us so that we can refresh your entitlements on our end.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

so i continue to get this error, the heartbeat error and a freeze, play for a few seconds, freeze, play freeze etc.

I pay for a service yet i cannot use all the features, go figure.

It doesnt matter if i am on my android tablet, windows 10 laptop, or galaxy s7edge.  i clear cache, reboot, close out, log off, doesnt matter.  things work, then they dont. 

this is becoming more and more the norm.

99% of the time i am trying to watch something from my DVR away from home.

Any suggestions?

New Poster

Been there done that. All of the remedies offered by Comcast have no result. Still happens. Has to be a software issue that can only be remedied by fixing the app.