Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

play show.ads freezes the screen

Contributor

play show.ads freezes the screen

when i watch a show on your site some times the show will stop and play and then when it gets to the ads it will not play anything just stay in a half frozen screen like it wants to play but it never does, I had to wait at least 5 min then i said forget it, this is one of the shows that did it for me 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Hero/4882081984964718112/33368643865/Teamwork/videos

mostly shows that have ads on them did it ... 

Tags (3)
Contributor

Re: play show.ads freezes the screen

Not the best descriptors but I think this qualifies to be bumped to the other endless/stuck in the ads group. Welcome to a page 1 bump. (Where all the cool ad stuckers are this morning!)

Frequent Visitor

Add me to the list. These commercial freezes are so freaking annoying. I watch stuff over my lunch break at work and almost every time I watch something from TBS I get hung on a commercial and never get to finish the show. Usually use Firefox but curiously today went back and tried with IE 10 to see if it would happen there and sure enough; froze in the same place - at the end of the first commercial break.

New Poster

So completely annoying. I'm trying to watch a show and all I see is a screenshot of a bacon ad for 5 mintutes, at which point I growl in frustration and attempt to re-start. Then I get stuck in a loop, doing the same thing over and over. All I want is to watch the Big Bang Theory while I do the dishes and fold laundry. Is that really so much to ask? Can Comcast please get on this before the unthinkable (i.e. I start despising bacon) happens? 

New Poster

So...how is this supposed to work? I can see from reading the posts that we are suffering from the same symptoms at lease, but the first post is in June and there is no Comcast response. Are we supposed to solve the problem ourselves, start a support group or is Comcast monitoring this to give actual help? If anyone has resolved this issue please post some information.

As many of you have attested to, when attempting to watch a show, it will start, however, as soon as the commercial starts everything dies.  Sometimes the commercial loops and will not quit.  Sometimes the commercial start yelds a blank screen and then hangs.  When issues begin there's no way to recover and get back to the video.

I signed up with Comcast specifcally for interenet and I was asked how I would be using it to determine my package. I specifically said I would have heavy usage and be streaming video. I left the call with internet and cable because of the pricing structure it didn't make sense not to. Nothing works. Watching shows online is hit and miss. sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. Even streaming live is an issue. I want to know if Comcast cares enough about customer service to address this issue in a more meaningful way than telling us to reboot.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Can't get past the 1st ad, but if I try the same show the next day it usually works.  Is this a test to try my patience or just make me mad?