Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

password recovery screen

New Poster

password recovery screen

how do i stop password recovery screen from appearing? I have no cell phone or 2nd email

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: password recovery screen

So far I haven't found a way to turn it off.  Best I can find it to "remind me later" in tiny font at the bottom of the page.  Same problem, no non-Comcast emails and cell phone already associated with my account.

New Poster

Thanks for reply. I thought that I was alone. Only solution I found is to exit from screen and reenter on Comast home page. Annoying when in a hurry.

Bronze Problem Solver

Not alone at all;  there are a bunch of us caught in that trap.  It'd be real nice if those of us who can't provide usable answers to those questions could just turn it off!  Using the "remind me later" link does hold it at bay for a while, until I clear cookies or my cache.

Official Employee

Hi chewybacon, 

Thanks for reaching out. @Welcome_to_Post is correct. At this time, there is no way to disable this feature other than clicking on "Remind Me Later". Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback on why adding another way to dismiss this would be beneficial to you and other customers by following this link

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation