Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

part of queue disappeared this week

Contributor

part of queue disappeared this week

A few days ago my long list of movies not yet available on TV/online/On Demand disappeared from my queue.  My queue had three sections - TV series, movies, and programs not available.  The third section disappeared.  I had about 15 programs in it that I was keeping tabs on, and I'm really annoyed that it's gone now.  I didn't have the list saved anywhere.  Occasionally something would move up from that list into the Movies list when it became available.

Does anybody have any idea what happened?  And if I can get that list back?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: part of queue disappeared this week

Hello,

Give this a try.

1. Try clearing your browser cookies,cache and history files.

2. Loigin to you account and go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/list#filter=all

Contributor

Done, but it didn't work. Smiley Sad

That whole section of the queue is missing.

Official Employee

birdlover wrote:

Done, but it didn't work. Smiley Sad

That whole section of the queue is missing.

Are none of your programs showing in the Queue? 

Also, what programs do you have in your Queue?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

The TV series and Movies are showing in the Queue.  I have 1 TV series and 6 movies.  The third section, which used to contain all the programs not available at all is missing.  I used to keep titles in there so I would remember that I wanted to see them.  Occasionally something would become available on XFinity and would move up automatically from the "not available" section into the movies or TV section.

Incidentally, that only ever worked fro the online and on demand boxes.  The TV box is always grayed out under movies even when they're showing on regular TV.  So sometimes the movies in the third section were actually available on TV, but stayed in the "not available" section because the Queue has problems with recognizing that something is one TV.

Contributor

Now I'm thinking that it's just the third section that's not viewable.  Two TV programs from my missing third section just moved up to the TV section, so clearly they were still there.  I also went and added back one movie I remembered (Nobody Knows) to my queue.  It's says it's not available, but added it to my queue to notify me when it is available.  So it's in my queue again, but not showing up on the Queue home page.  So there are programs in there - I just can't see them like I could before.

So now the question is how do I see them?  Something must have changed in how you display the queue, but I can't find any setting that gets me my old view back.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem--the not currently available section of my queue disappeared.  But the problem goes beyond that.  Some, but apparently not all, of the programs and movies that were in that section have been deleted altogether, so they do not appear in the "available" sections of the queue when they do become available.  In fact, it looks like some items that should be in one of the currently available sections of the queue have also been deleted.  Basically, I'm afraid that the upshot of all this is that the queue feature has become all but worthless--it can no longer be relied upon to let one know when a program or movie one has entered is available, and can't even be relied upon to "inventory" the items one has entered.  This is too bad, as I really appreciated the queue feature.    

Contributor

I agree.  I wish I had thought to write down the names of everything I had in the "not available" section.  No one from Comcast has answered my posts in awhile, so maybe they don't have any idea how to fix this.

Frequent Visitor

I just finished working with the Comcast support chat group, and they think they've fixed this for me. Hope they are right.  Go to the Comcast page, click on TV, then on Contact Us, and then on Chat.  It gets you into a dialogue with their technical people.  I mentioned that I'd noticed that at least one other user seemed to have had the same problem.

Frequent Visitor

I should have said:  go to the Comcast page, click Help, then click TV, etc.  They said I should get back everything that was deleted, but it may take 12 hours.  The analyst who worked with me is named Shin.  Good luck.

Contributor

I actually did do that before I even started posting here.  My analyst had absolutely no clue what I was talking about.  I'm not sure she even knew what a queue was.  I disconnected after about 15 minutes of beating my head against the wall.  I don't want to go through that again.  I slammed her in the survey they immediately sent me.

Frequent Visitor

The analyst I initially connected with (Princess) figured out that she needed to transfer me to  "Xfinity TV Online Apps" (that was Shin).  It did take a while and I'm still waiting to see if it worked, but at least I felt like I was making progress.  In any event, in the future I will print out everything I put into a Queue.

Contributor

Thanks for the advice.  I will definitely try that!  Please let me know if it worked for you.

Contributor

I tried to do the online chat again, and they knew who Shin was, but no one could help me in chat.  They gave me the phone number for the Xfinity TV Online App Dept (877-599-1845), so I called them.  They understood the issue.  They said it's a server problem affecting some, but not all accounts.  They created a ticket and will go to the server and manually reset everything.  They said they'll call me back about it.  At least I finally got someone who understood the issue.  I'll let you know if they were able to fix it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the phone number.  So far, nothing here seems to have improved.  But it's not yet 12 hours so I'll be patient a while longer.  I'll give them a call on Wednesday if necessary--I hope not.  I think they are honest people who would really like to help, but I wonder if the technology hasn't just gotten beyond any of us.  Please let me know if you win through. 

Frequent Visitor

Just to let you know, my currently unavailable queue list has not come back.  It looks like some of the items that had been deleted may be back, but there's no way to know for sure without that list.  Frustrating. 

Contributor

That sucks.  My queue hasn't changed yet either, but they also haven't called me yet.  It sounded like it would take them a day or two to fix the problem and get back to me.

What I don't understand is why they don't just fix it for everyone since they're aware the problem is there.  Their programmers need to get on it!

Contributor

ComcastJoe - have you been reading our posts?  Just curious about your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

This is bugging me too.  I was using the queue as a to-watch list until all of the "unavailable" movies disappeared.  I assume that the movies are still there but a software bug is just preventing them from appearing.  If Comcast actually DELETED everyone's queue items, that's a major screw-up.  I don't think that's the case though since some items are still there.

The queue has been unreliable and buggy anyway.  Sometimes I see a movie coming on in the next day or two in the TV guide but the queue still shows it in the "unavailable" list.  Some days I'll look at my queue and most or all movies are missing, and when I check again later they're back.

Contributor

I think a lot of people are having this problem.  I just called Comcast again.  They were supposed to call me last week, but didn't.  Today's agent promised me that a technician would call me this week.  We'll see.

Another show I had in the unviewable "unavailable" section just popped up into the TV series sectin, so I know the stuff is there.  I just want to see it!  It must be some viewing setting that we cannot access.

Frequent Visitor

I called them too, and was given a "ticket" number.  But I haven't heard anything since then.

Regular Contributor

Marc, a support rep had told you that your deleted items would be restored within 12 hours.  Did he actually identify the problem, or was he just blowing smoke?  I'm guessing that he passed the ticket to a different group without knowing what the problem was or whether it would be fixed.

Frequent Visitor

They may be back, but I don't really know, because the list of my saved items that are currently unavailable is still missing. 

Contributor

Just got off the phone with Comcast again.  Third call.  This time I reached a high level tech person named Terri.  She was very nice and helpful.  She created a test queue and promised she'll call me tomorrow.  This is the first person I've spoken to who actually seems to understand what I'm talking about.  She said they've made a lot of softward changes lately to things that weren't broken to begin with, and now they're having a lot of problems.  I told her that we have a forum of annoyed people here who are all waiting for an answer.  

I'm hoping third time's the charm.  This is a stupid thing to be taking up so much of my time, but it's really bugging me.

Contributor

Terry called me back already.  She created temporary access to my queue and played with it and now sees that the third section is missing.  She will talk with the software engineers tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted.

Regular Contributor

It's been broken for more than a month now.  Still no word?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast seems to have recovered the items it deleted from my Queue--they pop up in the available listings as they become available.  I still don't have the list of Queue items that are currently unavailable, however, so I'm not 100% sure this problem is solved.

The Queue still isn't working properly though.  I've noticed that items that I've Queued more often than not fail to reflect their availability on TV, and sometimes on-line.  The Queue will indicate that they are available on-demand, but no more.  Needless to say, this makes the Queue almost worthless.

It's been weeks since I heard from Comcast.  I think it assumes that the problems with the Queue have gone away. 

Regular Visitor

Comcast has known about this for a while. They are either unable to fix it or its just not a priority. Comcastjoe even posted in the other message thread that has been open since September.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/MISSING-QUEUE/m-p/1423115/highlight/false#M15589

Contributor

They finally fixed it!!!  They actually called me today to tell me that they finally figured out the software problem and did a new build.  They said that the unavailable section is now visible and to call them if it wasn't to me.  I looked, and it indeed has returned!  Woohoo!!!

I hadn't spoken with them in a couple of months, so I was really surprised that they kept my contact information and called me today.  My opinion of Comcast just went up!

Official Employee

Hi all,

As birdlover mentioned, programs that you have stored in your Queue but are not available will now appear on your Queue page.

There was another thread that I updated but I didn't know this other thread still existed. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon