Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

out of home network

Frequent Visitor

out of home network

All of a sudden today my X1 app shows "out of home netwok" even tnough I'm sitting in my living room.

Nothing has changed except the message on the app. screen. Nothing I've done has fixed the problem

HELP!

Service Expert

Re: out of home network

passlock wrote:

All of a sudden today my X1 app shows "out of home netwok" even tnough I'm sitting in my living room.

Nothing has changed except the message on the app. screen. Nothing I've done has fixed the problem

HELP!

is the phone icon for wireless 'on' or says 4G or LTE etc? If wireless is on you might use the xFinity My account app to verify your current modem is listed on your equipment list. A previous thread said the system checks that the IP your device is using is from that modem attached to your account. (for example if you are on a neighbor's wifi or a comcast secondary SSiD (not *home*) SSID that the inhome indicator will not be 'on'.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation