Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

out of home mssg only on surface rt

Frequent Visitor

out of home mssg only on surface rt

x1 app on surface rt says out of home on surface rt at home.  Works ok on ipad, laptops. called comcast, they fixed, Doesn't work again.  repeated calls to 866 594 1234 no use. PLEASE HELP.

New Poster

Re: out of home mssg only on surface rt

Same thing is happening to me when I use my Iphone.

Had this problem a few days ago, had a difficult time when I called that number.

Eventually we tried deleting the app from my phone and that fixed it.

Then for some reason I trusted the app might work now, loaded it back and tried to set up a recording while I was out of the house the next day. 

Lo and behold while I was out it said I was Out of Home and now I can't access streaming/on demand back on my laptop AT HOME.

Tried deleting the app from my phone again and it didn't work.

How does no one at Comcast know how to fix this problem?

Official Employee

The TV app is only supported on Apple and Android devices, this feature isn't supprted on surface devices

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

didn"t realize this post was purely for Surface Tablets, replied to the wrong one.

Bad news though Chad, I have an Iphone 5S and that's where I'm running into issues

My solution, delete the app and never use it because Comcast hasn't designed it properly.

A shame though that I can't use the service I'm paying for.

Frequent Visitor

What's interesting about this is that someone from customer service was able to get it to work for one day. The app was downloaded from Xfinity website under the Support tab. Also, Xfinity to go works fine.
Official Employee

dschiller wrote:

didn"t realize this post was purely for Surface Tablets, replied to the wrong one.

Bad news though Chad, I have an Iphone 5S and that's where I'm running into issues

My solution, delete the app and never use it because Comcast hasn't designed it properly.

A shame though that I can't use the service I'm paying for.

Can you try again when you get home?  hard close and reopen the app.   Everything looks good on my end.  Your IP address from your wireless gateway is showing that its in the home.   Make sure its your personal network and not your neighboors or connected to the XfinityWifi SSID. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

tmtater9 wrote:
What's interesting about this is that someone from customer service was able to get it to work for one day. The app was downloaded from Xfinity website under the Support tab. Also, Xfinity to go works fine.

are you still seeing issues?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

yes, I still have the same problem.  Have I been clear that it is the "XFINITY TV" app that shows "out of home   Learn more" on a bar at the top of the screen, and NOT the "XFINITY TV  GO"??  

What is also interesting is that the XFINITY TV app behaves like the XFINITY TO GO app, if I understand the latter correctly.

Also, at the end of my last call (confirmatiion CR430263597) I was told someone from 2nd level tech would call me in 24-48 hrs. sinvce the customer service rep had come to the end of the help protocol with no resolution.   no one did.

Official Employee

tmtater9 wrote:

yes, I still have the same problem.  Have I been clear that it is the "XFINITY TV" app that shows "out of home   Learn more" on a bar at the top of the screen, and NOT the "XFINITY TV  GO"??  

What is also interesting is that the XFINITY TV app behaves like the XFINITY TO GO app, if I understand the latter correctly.

Also, at the end of my last call (confirmatiion CR430263597) I was told someone from 2nd level tech would call me in 24-48 hrs. sinvce the customer service rep had come to the end of the help protocol with no resolution.   no one did.

Yes, there is no out of home message on the TV Go app, it's meant to be used on the go and can stream over any wifi or celluar connection.   are you sure you are connected to you in home personal network (HOME-XXXX-4 or 5).  ?  Your IP address is coming back ok from your wireless gateway. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation