Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

online streaming trouble. again

Frequent Visitor

online streaming trouble. again

My desktop computer is connected to the xifinity home metwork directly through the router/modem that comcast provided.  This company seems to have the worst streaming service I have ever seen.  2 out of every three shows I watch either has skipping problems, freezing problems, or video issues.  Since I got this service, I think I have yet to go a week without an issue.  I have used IE, Chrome, Firefox.  All of them have provided the same problems.

When I watch streaming video through HBO GO, Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, none of them have this issue.  It is only the Comcast X1 site that this happens with.  It is such a dissapointment to be paying for a service that rarely works.  I have left multiple messages regarding the issues, talked to techs online and on the phone, and have heard the "We are having issues in your area" generic reply about 100 times.  I have gone through three modems.  It is not a network issue, or a hardware issue.  If is the software that the streaming site uses.  I have no faith at all the programmers who built it have any idea they know what they are doing. 

It is really disgusting.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation