Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

on line tv guide

Frequent Visitor

on line tv guide

All day I've been getting this message when I try to go to the tv guide on line: "Sorry, that didn't go as planned. We're working to fix this problem and hope to have it solved very soon. Please try back at a later time." I have done the usual: log off, log back on; close browser & reopen; reboot........Any ideas on what the deal is?
New Poster

Re: on line tv guide

Same here, once in a while it will work by not reliable by any means

New Poster

Comcast repaired the TV Guide online issue a couple of days ago.

The issue has returned.

I use it a lot when it works.

When it's not working, I yell and scream.

Contributor

I've got this problem too (Sat Dec 6) and it seems like I've gotten that screen every time I've tried to view the listings over the past week or so.  (Sigh) I've bookmarked TV guide's listings, so I'll just keep using their site instead.

On the bright side, I don't have that obnoxious message from Comcast anymore telling me that I need to reset my computer's time clock because my listings don't match my time zone. ;-)

Frequent Visitor

I called Tech Support tonight because every time it happens and I try coming to the forums I get a message that I have been banned from the forums also. They fix it, the ban disappears but every time I get that Things didn't go as planned I also get banned from the forums. They are currently working on my account and said they'd call me back. Whatever they're doing, the listings are working at the moment and my ban is gone again. I don't know how long it will last.

Frequent Visitor

Wow, PinkiesBrain, banned from the forums.... you must be a BadA**  Smiley Wink
For me, when the programming doesn't load, the "Refresh" button within the page doesn't  always do anything, but the refresh button on my browser usually does.  However, for the past 48 hours or so I haven't been able to see the programming guide no matter what I do.  This has never happened before.  I don't get it.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I am a BadApple! I want to get the sevices I pay for. I don't foam at the mouth enough to earn a ban though, I think it's a bug that bans me when my TV guide goes haywire because the bans only last as long as the bug is in effect....They never did call me back that night but the TV guide did start working again and I was able to come to the forums to post that message. Maybe they saw me here and figured I didn't need that return call they promised? Who knows....

Contributor

Nine  days after I posted (which was about a week after the issue began) I'm still having intermittent problems with the failure to load the grid & "things did not go as planned" screen.Worked just fine yesterday, but today, once again, it is a no go.

Oh well, at least I can report that I am not getting locked out of the forums like Pinkie's Brain did.

New Poster

Me too.  I haven't been able to get the online TV guide for over a week.  I suspect that Comcast's home service

techs are now doing the website work.  (Just kidding; don't come after me.)

Frequent Visitor

I really don't get this.  Same result before and after a computer restart a couple days ago.  Comcast listings grid.  Same thing.  Didn't go as planned. Try agian later......  refresh doesn't work.

I asked my partner  (room mate) to open a new tab and type in the address for the tv listings.  Came up fine.  He doesn't usually use this, but I do.  This is my account that he uses.  It's my Comcast account with my computer and his computer at the same address.  Me as the primary doesn't work but his does.  Makes no sense.  !!

Contributor

@Brad D: Hmmm. That would seem to indicate that it's some kind of cookie or add-on or adblocker or something on your computer which is not on your roommate's computer & which is interfering with proper loading on yours, wouldn't it?

But then why would it only intermittently fail to load on your set-up? If it was something in our caches, then it would consistently not load, wouldn't it?

It didn't load for me all day yesterday, but I just checked this morning and it's perfectly fine now. Very strange.

@brownbar: Heh. Nobody here will come after you. But now I have a vision of comcast techs 'helping' the website designers fix the bugs in their online listing grid by having them unplug all their connections and wait two minutes, over and over and over again, every day for six months ;-)

New Poster

FIX in Google Chrome:

Open “tools” menu in Chrome.

Click on “Settings”

Scroll down& click on  “Show Advanced Settings”

Click on “Clear Browsing Data”

Uncheck all except “Cached images and files”

Click on “Clear browsing data”

Problem should be fixed.  This has worked for me twice now!

Frequent Visitor

Well apparently I'm only banned from the forums when I use FireFox, at least until I post this message then I assume I'll be banned again shortly there after. That's what happened after the last time when I used IE to post. Suddenly after the message posted I was banned again. I've googled "Banned from Comcast forums" and found that when people click the link in their emails from the support forums to unsubscribe from a thread like  this one, it apparently "Autobans" you from the forums. I've been told to email FORUMS_Feedback@comcast.com for help and I get a bounce back email claiming I am not a customer! This has been going on for over a year now and I'm surprised that I AM NOT a customer after all of this nonsense!